Homeopathy for Elderly Care, Geriatric Medicines
Aging is a normal biological process and not a progressive disease. In India around 90 million people are over the age of 60 currently and as per the 60th National Sample Survey 25% reported poor health. Health risks associated with old age are as follows
- the risk of having at least one chronic disease, such as hypertension, diabetes and osteo-muscular conditions like osteoporosis or arthritis increases.
- Risk for developing most types of cancer increases with age - prostate cancer, cervical cancer, lung cancer , breast cancer and colon cancer are common cancers associated with advanced age.
- Cardiovascular diseases - heart failure, heart disease, arrhythmia, hypertension, orthostatic hypotension, stroke, congenital heart disease.
- Poor Mental health – dementia, depression is common in old age
- Impaired vision and Hearing Loss
Homeopathy offers alternate health care choices that aims to prevent physical disability and increase active life expectancy through holistic care.