What can nosebleeds be a sign of?
If you feel your nose bleeds for no apparent reason, blame it in the cold dry air outside. This happens when the delicate tissue inside your nose, also called nasal membrane becomes dry and crusty or cracked, When you blow your nose it hemorrhages. Nosebleed may be due to Headaches, sometimes triggered by stress. If you have a medical condition like hypertension (high blood pressure), Hereditary Hemorrhagic Telangiectasia (HHT) or congestive heart failure can also cause epistaxis. Inflammation from chronic sinusitis or chronic rhinitis can also cause nosebleeds
Can you get nosebleeds from allergies?
Yes allergies may lead to violent sneezing that can cause nosebleeds (Ambrosia), dust allergy may cause itching in the nose and on the roof of the mouth which bleed due to nose picking (Aurum Triphyllum). Hay fever can cause headache and nose bleed
Is hypertension nosebleeds dangerous?
According to new studies, nosebleeds are becoming an early warning symptom of hypertension. Congestive (frontal throbbing) headaches may lead to epistaxis. The blood vessels in your nose could be more susceptible to damage and may bleed from increased pressure. It is not serious until it occurs frequently, in which case it may indicated to a medical condition like blodd clotting disorder
Homeopathic remedies for nosebleed (epistaxis)
Homeopathy medicines not only provide symptomatic relief but also correct the underlying cause that is leading to the nose bleed.
- Hamamelis is a very good anti haemorrhagic medicine for epistaxis, blood is dark and incoagulable, tightness at the root of the nose with soreness
- Drosera Rot for nose bleeding in evening, from blowing nose and on coughing
- Melilotus whenever nasal bleeding brings relief from congestive headache, there is a redness and flushing of the face.
- Aconite Nap for nose bleed from exposure to cold dry air, runny nose and excessive sneezing. Nose bleeding with bright red blood
- China Off for nose bleeding in morning on rising, epistaxis with head congestion and pale face
- Phosphorous for nose bleed from nasal polyps, often several times a day. bright red nasal bleeding.
- Arnica for nose bleeding from injury.
- Crocus Sativus for nasal blood is dark or black with viscid strings that hang down the nose in the form of thread or rope
- Cynadon Dactylon Q for epitaxis with bright red blood. Worse from heat of sun, after coughing
What homeopathic doctors recommend for nosebleed?
Dr Rukmani recommends the following homeopathic medicine for nosebleed
- Rx-Hamamelis 30/200 Potency, 3-3 drops thrice Daily Before Meal Orally 2-4 Weeks
- Rx_Arnica 30/200 Potency, 3-3 drops thrice Daily Before Meal Orally 3-5 Weeks
- Rx_Phosphorus 30/200 Potency, 3-3 drops thrice Daily Before Meal Orally 2-4 Weeks
- Rx_Lachesis 30/200 Potency, 3-3 drops thrice Daily Before Meal Orally
- Rx_Carbo Veg 30/200 Potency,3-3 drops thrice Daily Before Meal Orally 4-5 Weeks
Dr Kirti Vikram recommends
- Lachesis 30 2 drops in morning
- Hamamelis Q 20 drop 3 times a day with 1/2 cup of water
- Glonoinum 30 2 drops 3 times a day
- Trillium pendulum 30 2 drops 3 times a day
Both medicine combinations now available as doctor advise kits.