Check Pincode Serviceability
Bangalore, Metro cities: 1-3 business days, South India: 4-5 business days, North India: 5-7 business days, North east: 5-12 business days
Outside India: 5-10 business days
Phobias are fairly common in men and women and is an irrational fear of a specific object, situation, often leading to persistent avoidance of the feared object, situation or activity. Women are likely to be twice as likely to develop a phobia than men with following characteristics
- Presence of the fear of an object, situation or activity
- The fear is out of proportion to the danger perceived
- Patient recognizes the fear as irrational and unjustified
- Patient is unable to control the fear and is very distressed by it
- This leads to persistent avoidance of the particular object, situation or activity
- Gradually , the phobias and the phobic object become a preoccupation with the patient, resulting in marked distress and restriction of the freedom of mobility
Homeopathy can be highly effective in treating excessive fear related to specific objects and/or situations when symptoms are matched to remedies. In clinical studies they have been found to be effective in reducing phobic fear after follow-up using psychometric assessment.
Patients with anxiety disorders often display a generalization of fear responses toward conceptually and perceptually related stimuli and situations.
Collection: Homeopathy medicines for anxiety and panic attacks
Homeopathy Phobia Medicine List
The following medicines have been prescribed by Dr. KS Gopi*
- Aconitum Napellus: Great fear, anxiety and worry accompanying every disease. Fear of death and dying, with great anxiety. Fears of future, a crowd, crossing the street. Forebodings and fears. Fears death and believes that he will soon die. Agoraphobia. Fears of going to doctors and dentists.
- Arsenicum Album: Fear of death and disease, worse at night. Thinks it is useless to take medicine. Anguish and restlessness.
- Argentum Nitricum: Fear of height (acrophobia) and of flying in airplanes (Aerophobia). The sight of high buildings makes him giddy and causes him to stagger, it seems as if houses on both sides of street would approach and crush him. Fear of self.
- Aurum Metallicum: Talks of committing suicide, but great fear of death. Disgust of life. Extreme depression. Fears the least noise (Phonophobia).
- Belladonna: Fear of dogs (cynophobia)
- Bryonia Alba: Fear of poverty. Apprehension and dread for future (anticipatory anxiety). Fear of pain.
- Borax: Fear of infection. Fear of downward motion. Fear of thunder (astraphobia) and sound of a firing gun, even far away.
- Cannabis Indica: Fear of voice (phonophobia)
- Chamomilla: Fear of wind (ancraophobia)
- China Officinalis: Fear of animals (zoophobia)
- Cuprum Metallicum: Fear of fire (pyrophobia). Fear of feces.
- Elaps Corallinus: Fear of rain (ombrophobia)
- Gelsemium Sempervirens: Stage fright (glossophobia). Fear of doctors and dentists. Nervous. Dread of appearing before public.
- Hyoscyamus Niger: Fears being alone (autophobia), being pursued of water, being poisoned, being bitten. Fear of being bitten by beasts. Fear of syphilis, fear of being infected with it. Very suspicious.
- Kali Arsenicum: Anxiety and fear about health. Anxiety and panic attacks. Fear of heart disease. Fear of high blood pressure of having a stroke.
- Kreosotum: Fear of women. Fear at the thought of sex with women (genophobia). Fear of coition.
- Lycopodium Clavatum: Stage fright. Fear of public speaking. Constant fear of breaking down under stress. Cannot bear to see anything new. Melancholy, a freaid to be alone.Fear of men, presence of new persons of everything. Anxiety, as if about to die.
- Lyssinum: Fear of water. The mere sight of a drinking vessel containing water is intolerable. Thinking of fluids of any kind, even of blood, brings on convulsions. Hypersensitiveness of all senses.
Pulsatilla Nigricans: Fear of closed rooms. The patient seeks the open air, always feels better there. Fear of women.
- Spigelia: Fear of knives (aichmophobia), forks and all pointed things.
- Staphysagria: Afraid of his own shadow (sciophobia). Vexation with indignation , deep internal mortification attended with throwing away what has held in hand.
- Stramonium: Dread of darkness (nyctophobia) and has a horror of shining objects. Also cannot bear solitude. Wants light and company. Anxiety when going through a tunnel. Fear of injury.
- Succinum: Fear of trains, Lifts and closed rooms (claustrophobia)
- Bach flower Aspen: - for Emotional stability to handle Inexplicable, vague fears night and day; fear of impending evil for no reason. Terrified something terrible will happen
Presentation: You have the option of buying the medicines in 2 dram medicated pills or 30ml sealed dilutions (30c or 200c potency), either individual remedy or complete Kit
Dose: Pills: Keep 4-5 pills on a clean tongue and let it dissolve, Drops: 4-5 drops in a teaspoon of water 2-3 times daily
* Dr. K S Gopi is a former Professor, Govt. Homeopathic medical college, Kozhikode, Kerala, India. He has got four decades of teaching and research experiences in the field of Homoeopathy. Read his blog ks-gopi.blogspot dot com for more info on the topic
Disclaimer: The medicines listed here are solely based on suggestion made by doctor on his blog whose reference is provided. Homeomart does not provide any medical advise or prescriptions or suggest self medications. This is a part of customer education initiative. We suggest you consult your physician before taking any medicines