Check Pincode Serviceability
Bangalore, Metro cities: 1-3 business days, South India: 4-5 business days, North India: 5-7 business days, North east: 5-12 business days
Outside India: 5-10 business days
Nasal congestion or "stuffy nose" develops when nasal and its adjacent tissues and blood vessels become swollen with excess fluid, causing a "stuffy" plugged feeling. Nasal congestion may or may not include a nasal discharge or "runny nose." It is also medicalled called as Coryza
Coryza is a word describing the symptoms of a “cold. ” It describes the inflammation of the mucous membranes lining the nasal cavity which usually gives rise to the symptoms of nasal congestion"
How to clear blocked nose instantly?
A blocked or stuffy nose can be quite uncomfortable, but there are several methods and alternative remedies you can try to clear your nasal passages. Here are some options:
- Steam Inhalation: Inhaling steam can help moisten and clear nasal passages. Boil water, pour it into a bowl, and lean over it with a towel draped over your head. Inhale the steam for a few minutes. You can also add a few drops of essential oils like eucalyptus or peppermint to the water for added relief.
- Saline Nasal Spray: Using a saline nasal spray or saline solution can help rinse out mucus and relieve nasal congestion. You can buy a saline spray from a pharmacy or make your own by mixing salt and water.
- Neti Pot: A neti pot is a small container used to flush out the nasal passages with a saline solution. It can help clear mucus and reduce congestion. Make sure to use distilled or sterilized water and follow proper instructions.
- Humidifier: Using a humidifier in your room can add moisture to the air, which can help keep nasal passages from drying out and becoming more congested.
- Warm Compress: Placing a warm, damp cloth over your nose and face can help ease congestion by opening up the blood vessels and improving blood flow.
- Elevate Your Head:When sleeping, using an extra pillow or propping up your head slightly can help prevent mucus from accumulating in your nasal passages.
- Spicy Foods: Eating spicy foods can help temporarily open up nasal passages and provide some relief. The capsaicin in spicy foods can have a decongestant effect.
- Herbal Teas: Certain herbal teas, such as chamomile, ginger, and peppermint, can help soothe a blocked nose and provide relief from congestion.
- Acupressure: Applying gentle pressure to specific points on your face, such as the bridge of your nose and the area between your eyebrows, can help stimulate blood flow and relieve congestion.
- Hydration and Rest: Drinking plenty of fluids and getting adequate rest can support your body's immune system and help alleviate congestion.
If your nasal congestion is persistent, severe, or accompanied by other symptoms like fever, pain, or difficulty breathing, it's important to consult a healthcare professional. They can help determine the underlying cause of your congestion and recommend appropriate treatments or interventions.
Homeopathy remedies to unclog your nose quickly at home
Internal: If you are struggling with stuffy nose, Steam inhalation or saline sprays may give you symptomatic relief, but you need the goodness of Biochemic Cell salts; Ferrum phos (inflammatory febrile condition), Kali Mur (phlegm build up, coated tongue), Natrum Mur (Sneezing, watery discharge), Kali Sulph (obstruction of nasal, pharayngeal mucous membranes). Biocombination 5 or BC5 contains all these 4 salts to give you relief from stuffy nose and all associated conditions
Dr Aadil Chimthanwalla, a homeopath says 'to cure this nose blockage, we have the highest grade of homoeopathic remedy named Sinapis Nigra, famously known as black mustard. It addresses symptoms of nose blockage from any of the following causes
- Hay fever
- Dry Nose & Inflamed Throat
- Thick, Lumpy Scanty Secretion
- Sweat On Upper Lip & Forehead + Lachrymation
- Mild Sneezing
- Hacking Cough Becomes Less while Lying Down
Dr Kirti Singh says Sinapis nigra is excellent medicine for blocked nose and burning of stomach, burning sensation in abdomen, belching and foul smell of mouth and in some other cases
External: Wheezal Nosoline homeopathic Spray provides Quick relief from nasal congestion, allergic rhinitis, sinusitis, sneezing, itching of nose, blockage of nose. Allergy due to dust, mites or environmental pollutants. Relieves inflammation of nasal mucosa, blockage from nasal polyp and or odema of nasal mucous membranes
Dr Kirti says Wheezal nosoline nasal spray is effective for nasal congestion nasal blockage allergic rhinitis allergic sinusitis watery nose and some other cases. अगर नाक बंद होती है तो nosoline nasal spray बहुत ही effective hai.
Application: Adults: 1-2 Wheezal Nosoline Spray every 4 hours. Children: 1 spray every 6 hours. Or as advised by physician.
Kit Contents - 3 units (Sinapis Nigra 30C+ BC5+ Nosoline), 1 unit of BC5 (25gms) and 1 unit of 30ml dilution, 10Ml nasal spray (external) (all sealed units)
Dosage - Dr Kirti advises Sinapis nigra 30, 2 drops 3 times a day
BC5 Tablets -Adults 4, Children 2 tabs at a time, 4 times daily
Other homeopathy decongestants for stuffy nose
Sticta pul 30 is prescribed when nasal blockage is present with inflamed sinus. The sinusitis is dry, patient have no nasal discharge despite making quite an effort. There’s a constant pressure on the nose. Worse from change of temperature, night, lying down and better from open air and free discharge. If the walls of the nasal and sinus passages lack moisture, uncomfortable symptoms can manifest such as pain and swelling,
Ammonium Carb 30 is prescribed when the complete blockage of nose makes breathing difficult and the patient has to breathe through the mouth. Complaints worse at night. Lying down increases the blood flow to your head causing blood vessels in your nasal passage to swell. When the blood vessels in your nose become inflamed, your nose feels stuffy.
Teucrium Marum CM is another effective medicine for nasal polyps with marked nasal blockage. There is obstruction of the side of the nose on which the person lies down. Loss of smell is also noted. Crawling sensation in the nose may arise.
Calcarea Carb 30 is an effective medicine for left-sided nasal polyps. It is prescribed for those persons who complain of a blocked nose on the left side
Phosphorus 30 for blocked nose early in the morning. Several factors may lead to a person waking up with a stuffy nose, including infections, allergens, and irritants. It is also prescribed where coryza and dryness of the nose alternate.
Disclaimer: The medicines listed here are solely based on a suggestion made by a doctor on YouTube, Blog, Book whose reference is provided. Homeomart does not provide any medical advice or prescriptions or suggest self-medications. This is a part of the customer education initiative. We suggest you consult your physician before taking any medicines