Check Pincode Serviceability
Bangalore, Metro cities: 1-3 business days, South India: 4-5 business days, North India: 5-7 business days, North east: 5-12 business days
Outside India: 5-10 business days
Edema or swelling can affect any part of your body, however it may be more pronounced in your hands, arms, feet, ankles and legs. Edema can be the side effect of medication, result of pregnancy or an underlying disease like congestive heart failure, kidney disease or cirrhosis of the liver
Study - Healthy subjects may find discomfort and oedema (dropsy) in the feet from prolonged immobilization in an upright position. A study published in European Journal of Applied Physiology and Occupational Physiology concluded that modest leg activity during 8 h of sitting has several effects on the circulation in the feet: some effects promote and some prevent oedema formation.
Other causes: Pain and swelling of the foot can be caused by plantar vein thrombosis. Complete or partial recanalization (return of blood flow to a venous segment that had previously been occluded) occurs in these patients by 6 months
In diabetes mellitus and associated neuropathy, blood circulation is affected and cause fluid to build up in the lower extremities. Recurring Edema is just one side effect of diabetes
Common causes of foot swelling
- high sodium diet, sedentary lifestyle, lack of physical activity
- long flights or travelling with stationary body and no leg movement
- dilatation of the veins of the legs due to stand for a long time
- retention is usually on the legs, feet, and ankles due to congestive cardiac failure
- retention in legs (along with abdomen) due to cirrhosis of the liver
- localized Swelling in legs due to lymphoedema
- Water retention in feet and legs alongwith puddines of face from hypothyroidism
How to reduce swelling in feet with Homeopathy medicines?
Homeopathy helps reduce swelling by restricting blood flow to the area and slowing down cellular metabolism. It also help reduce inflammation, which often helps to relieve pain. Homeopathic medicine like punarnava Ya Boerhaavia Diffusa treat the underlying condition of the heart or liver to treat edema
Dr Kirti Vikram has identified 3 Homeopathic medicine Combination which he says is effective for both foot swelling and foot oedema. Watch his YouTube video titled 'पैरों की सूजन के लिए सबसे बेहतरीन होम्योपैथिक दवा | Homeopathic medicine for foot Swelling?' to know more
His foot swelling relief combination are
Boerhaavia Diffusa Q - A great remedy in all kinds of dropsy. Swelling of eyelids, hands, abdomen, legs and feet. There is heaviness of feet with dropsy from feet to thigh. It promotes urination in dropsy. It is a good remedy for attack of Beriberi and dropsy in every rainy season. Retention of urine, dribbling of urine with pain in the bladder. Dr Gopi indicates this for sSwelling of eyelids, legs, feet, abdomen etc. Oliguria. The swelling of the feet, ankles, and lower legs is a common sign of sign of congestive heart failure. Boerhaavia treats palpitation and intermittent throbbing pain in the cardiac region. Dropsy may be due to hepatic lesion , where the hepatic region is tender to touch but better by hard pressure
- Urtica urens Q It is well indicated for hives and marked swelling of face, hands, feet. In cases needing it the fingers and hands are much swollen with itching. Lumps and red spots on hands are present. The face, hands and feet are swollen with stinging, burning and redness. The eyelids are intensely swollen and can be scarcely opened. Just like Apis Mellifica, this medicine gives instant, quick relief in bee sting cases. Dr Vikas Sharma says it is recommended to persons who suffer from joint pains due to high uric acid levels (gout). It is well indicated for hives and marked swelling of face, hands, feet. This medicine mainly works on the skin and the joints. It is well indicated for swelling, redness and inflammation of joints from increased uric acid levels in the blood.
- Solidago Q Solidago Virgaurea having the common name Golden rod is useful when there is pain in the kidneys on pressure. Along with this there is difficult scanty urination. Urine test is done for edema as decrease in urine production is linked to bloating, abdominal swelling. It is useful in swelling of prostate with lncomplete passage of urine. Also when you have kidney disease, extra fluid and sodium in your circulation may cause edema. Fluid retention causing swelling in your arms and legs is the result of kidney damage. Solidago is an important homeopathic medicine for managing urinary complaints. It is useful when there is pain in the kidneys on pressure, Urine may have thick sediment and a sour smell.
Dosage as advised by doctor in video: Mix in equal proportion n Use: 20 drops 3 times a day with 1/4 cup of water
Related: Other foot swelling medicines in homeopathy
Natrum Sulphuricum (Sodium Sulphate): This salt is often recommended for swelling related to water retention, especially when the swelling is worse in damp or humid weather. It's believed to help regulate the balance of fluids in the body.
REPL37 drops for Swelling and Oedema (Dropsy)
Dr.Reckeweg R58 drops against hydrops, oedema of legs, stimulates renal function
- Adel 33 apo OEDEM drops for water retention (edema), swellingLeg cramps at night? Know the Dr. advise homeopathy remedies here
- Chilblains Homeopathy Remedies, know more
Disclaimer: The medicines listed here are solely based on suggestion made by doctor on You Tube whose reference is provided. Homeomart does not provide any medical advise or prescriptions or suggest self medications. This is a part of customer education initiative. We suggest you consult your physician before taking any medicines