Check Pincode Serviceability
Bangalore, Metro cities: 1-3 business days, South India: 4-5 business days, North India: 5-7 business days, North east: 5-12 business days
Outside India: 5-10 business days
About Asafoetida Mother Tincture Q
This medicine is prepared from gum resin of the living root of plant Stinkasand. This plant belongs to the family umbelliferae.
Asafoetida also known as Asarum. Mother Tinctures are the starting point for dilutions.
Biological source: Asafoetida is an oleo-gum-resin obtained by incision from the living rhizome and root of Ferula foetida Regel. The drug is collected in Iran, Pakistan and Afghanistan.
Collection and preparation. The collection of asafoetida involves removal of the stem and the cutting of successive slices from the vertical rootstock. After each slice is removed, oleo-gum-resin exudes and, when sufficiently hardened, is collected.
Constituents. Asafoetida consists of volatile oil, resin, gum and impurities. The oil has a particularly evil smell and contains sulphur compounds. The flavor is largely due to R-2-butyl-1-propenyl disulphide (a mixture of E and Z isomers). The drug contains no free umbelliferone (distinction from galbanum). Resin contain asaresinotannol and in the form of ester with ferulic acid.
What is Asafoetida?
Asafoetida is a Homoeopathic Dilution made from Indian turnip. It is reported to be useful in asthma, diarrhoea, dyspepsia, headache, neuralgia, syphilis, ulcers, whitlow, etc.
What are uses/benefits of Asafoetida?
It is indicated in flatulence and spasmodic contraction of stomach and oesophagus with reverse peristalsis, hysterical and hypochondriacal patients must be borne in mind. It is also indicated in deep ulcerations, caries of bones, especially in the syphilitic organism; here the extreme sensitiveness and terrible throbbing, nightly pains.
It is to be taken as an internal medicine. Please note that the dosage of single homoeopathic medicines varies from drug to drug depending upon the condition, age, sensitivity and other things. In some cases they are given as regular doses as 3-5 drops 2-3 times a day whereas in other cases they are given only once a week, month or even in a longer period. We strongly recommend that the medication should be taken as per the physician’s advice.
What are the side effects of Asafoetida?
No known side effects reported.
What precautions to take before using Asafoetida?
How long should I take Asafoetida?
Until the symptoms improve or as per the Physicians prescription.
Is Asafoetida safe for children?
Is it safe to use Asafoetida during pregnancy?
What doctors recommend asafoetida in homeopathy
Dr Vikas Sharma recommends
- This medicine carries a great ability to reestablish milk flow (Galacatogogue) in cases where it has dried up
- For Galactorrhea with congested breast - This is a very helpful medicine when there is milk secretion in a non pregnant woman. Along with this the breasts are congested and distended.
- when pain in side of head is prominent, I.e. temporal region is marked with a pushing out sensation. Boring type of pain is also present behind the ear. Ear discharges having offensive smell
- preventing detoriaration of nasal bones. In cases needing it, there is offensive discharge from the nose. Pressure sensation in the nose is also there.
- treats excessive gas in the abdomen accompanied by loud burping. The gas tends to push upwards, and loud burps appear forcibly with difficulty. The burps have a foul smell
Dr K S Gopi recommends
- Asafoetida 30 can be used in those cases where the long bones involved are sensitive to an extreme level. The bone pains may be throbbing in nature. Bone Pains due to bone necrosis or caries where sensitivity is marked
- Asafoetida 30 is best for atrophic rhinitis with offensive discharge from the nose. Syphilitic ozaena with very purulent offensive discharge. Decay of nasal bones.
- Asafoetida 30 is also a very effective remedy for IBS (irritable bowel syndrome) . There is a feeling of constriction in all directions, especially if muscular contractions in the intestines and oesophagus seem to be moving in the wrong direction strongly indicates this medicine.
Dr Kirti Vikram says asafoetida effective for Gas and Acidity
Dr Pranjali recommends Asafoetida for IBS
Asafoetida Homeopathy Mother Tincture is available in SBL, Schwabe, Others (Homeomart, Hahnemann, Similia, Medisynth). When you choose 'Others' one of the 3 brands medicine will be sent subject to availability of these brands. All sealed units.