Check Pincode Serviceability
Bangalore, Metro cities: 1-3 business days, South India: 4-5 business days, North India: 5-7 business days, North east: 5-12 business days
Outside India: 5-10 business days
How does eye drops treat conjunctivitis?
Conjunctivitis, commonly known as "pink eye," is an inflammation of the conjunctiva, the thin layer of tissue that covers the front of the eye and lines the inside of the eyelids. It can be caused by various factors, including viral or bacterial infections, allergies, and irritants.
Eye drops are a common treatment for conjunctivitis and can help alleviate the symptoms and speed up the healing process, depending on the underlying cause of the condition. The type of eye drops prescribed will vary based on the cause of conjunctivitis:
- Antibiotic Eye Drops: If the conjunctivitis is caused by a bacterial infection, antibiotic eye drops may be prescribed. These eye drops contain antibiotics that work to kill or inhibit the growth of bacteria. Using antibiotic eye drops can help clear up bacterial conjunctivitis and reduce the risk of spreading the infection to others.
- Antiviral Eye Drops: For viral conjunctivitis, which is caused by viruses like adenoviruses or herpes simplex virus, antiviral eye drops may be recommended. These eye drops can help manage the symptoms and reduce the duration of the infection.
- Artificial Tears or Lubricating Eye Drops: These eye drops can be used to relieve discomfort and dryness associated with conjunctivitis, regardless of its cause. They help to keep the eyes moist and prevent irritation.
- Anti-inflammatory Eye Drops: Allergic conjunctivitis, which is triggered by allergens, can cause itching, redness, and inflammation. Anti-inflammatory eye drops, often containing ingredients like antihistamines or mast cell stabilizers, can help reduce these symptoms.
When using eye drops to treat conjunctivitis, it's important to follow the instructions provided by your healthcare provider or on the medication packaging. Here are some general guidelines for using eye drops:
- Wash your hands thoroughly before and after applying the drops.
- Tilt your head back slightly and pull down your lower eyelid to create a small pocket.
- Look up and squeeze the prescribed number of drops into the pocket formed by the lower eyelid.
- Close your eyes gently to allow the drops to spread over the eye's surface.
- Wipe away any excess liquid around the eye with a clean tissue.
- Avoid touching the tip of the eye drop container to prevent contamination.
- If you are using multiple types of eye drops, wait at least 5-10 minutes between applications to allow each drop to be absorbed properly.
If your symptoms do not improve after a few days of using the prescribed eye drops, or if they worsen, it's important to consult your healthcare provider. They can reevaluate your condition and adjust the treatment plan if necessary. Additionally, if you wear contact lenses, your healthcare provider may advise you to discontinue wearing them until your conjunctivitis has cleared up.
Homeopathy conjunctivitis eye drops benefits
Wheezal Euphrasia Eye Drop is effective for treating various problems of eyes. It is helpful with irritation, inflammation, redness, photophobia, chronic and acute conjunctivitis and lachrymation of eyes.
- Euphrasia Officinalis
- Isotonic Solution
- Sodium Methyl
Action of composition :
- Euphrasia Off. Q is useful during Catarrh condition such as copious, acrid, watery discharge. biting, irritation, burning, winking, copious lachrymation and treats acute conjunctivitis
- Effective in treating infections, remove cloudiness in front of lens, treat chronic and acute conjunctivitis
- provides relief from eye-strain from sewing, pain, feeling of tiredness in eyes, and restores power to the weakened ciliary muscles
- Provides relief from itchiness and redness in eyes
- Helps in reducing gummy eye discharge
Directions for Use:
Instill 1-2 drops, 3-6 times in a day or as directed by the physician.
- Read the label carefully before use
- Do not exceed the recommended dose
- Keep out of the reach of children
- Store in a cool, dry and dark place
- Protect from direct sunlight
Other homeopathy eye drops that treat conjunctivitis
Haslab Mamira eye drops, conjunctivitis, blurred vision
Doctor recommended Pink eye (conjunctivitis) homeopathy internal medicines
Haslab HC89 Conjunctin Complex Tablets for Conjunctivitis
Bhargava Homeopathy Allergin Minims drops for allergic rhinitis, conjunctivitis