Check Pincode Serviceability
Bangalore, Metro cities: 1-3 business days, South India: 4-5 business days, North India: 5-7 business days, North east: 5-12 business days
Outside India: 5-10 business days
The hepatoprotective effects of some homeo-herbal drugs have been investigated, and one of the methods to choose herbs to study their biological effects is to search in ancient medical texts. Avicenna, one of the most famous physicians of the old era who is known as "the prince of physicians" in the west and the author of 'The Canon of Medicine' has identified several such herbs.
To have a suitable hepatoprotective effect, the temperament of the plants must be "hot" and "dry" he says. By studying their biological effects he concluded that these contain hepatoprotective agents or compounds, which mitigate the liver injury caused by hepatotoxic agents and thus can prevent damage to the liver. Many of these herbs like Berberis vulgaris, Myristica fragrans, Crocus sativus, Eupatorium cannabinum, Terebinthaceae, and Acorus calamus used in homeopathy make it to this list.
The below list is a compilation of the opinion of 3 homeopaths
- Dr Kirti Vikram - Top 5 Homeopathic Medicine for Liver? Appetite jaundice Indigestion Acidity Constipation Hepatitis
- Dr. Swapnil Jain - लिवर को डिटॉक्स करे।अचूक होम्योपैथिक दवाएँ
- Dr. Umang Khanna - लिवर में करे अद्भुत शक्ति का संचार Liver stamina enhancer
Pls refer indication and dosage indicated by these doctors below.
How these medicines heal your liver: These medicines make your liver healthier by addressing following symptoms
- Reduce tenderness and pain in liver area, tight-sided stomach pain.
- Overcome nausea, improve appetite
- Stop vomiting, and treat associated indigestion, reflux
- Treat jaundice, restore eye and skin colour
- Beat fatigue, energize your body
- Stop easy bruising, manage your body weight
- Prevent swollen arms and legs.
By following doctor guidelines you can see your liver function improve and display
Hepatoprotector and Liver Health Medicines with Indications
- Chelidonium Majus Q is a prime liver detox remedy, Dr. Umang Khanna says this medicine detoxifies and reenergizes the body by flushing out toxins naturally. Dr. Kirti says this remedy is excellent for liver conditions like enlarged liver, Jaundice, Gallstones, and Hepatitis. Persons needing it complain of pain in the liver region that extends to the back and shoulder. 15 to 20 drops in half a cup of water twice a day. In acute cases take 3-5 times
- Carduus Marianus Q - Dr. Kirti says this is an excellent remedy for loss of hunger, coated tongue, and indigestion leading to unprocessed food in stools. Dr. Vikas Sharma indicates it is for cirrhosis of the liver, pain, and sensitiveness in the liver, fatigued, and bouts of nausea and vomiting due to liver cirrhosis. Dr. Swapnil Jain recommends 10 drops in half a cup of water thrice daily
- Kalmegh (Andrographis paniculata) Q - helps your liver repair naturally with its trophorestorative antibilious properties. It contains silymarin, apigenin and beta carotene which has detoxicant and depurativeproperties to help repair liver faster. Dr. Kirti this is a great medicine to help the liver recover from infections in the body. It addresses a broad range of liver complaints he says.
- Natrum Phos 12X - a biochemic salt for digestive health it is indicated for acidity, heartburn dyspepsia, and indigestion from fatty food. 6 tablets twice daily (morning and evening)
- Carica papaya Q - Helps digestion, checks acidity, regulates liver functions, and improves appetite. Dr. Kirti says In homeopathy carica papaya is very effective for indigestion, jaundice, liver complaints, Hepatitis C, and less platelet count. Doctor cautions that this medicine should not be used during pregnancy (side effects: abortifacient)
- Chionanthus Q - good for liver complaints like Jaundice, liver cirrhosis, diabetic conditions, clay-coloured stools says Dr. Kirti. It is good for the enlarged liver, and yellow skin with recurring jaundice says Dr. Vikas.
- Lycopodium 6c - decreased appetite, the person feels fullness in the abdomen, even with satiety person craves hot drinks and sweets in their diet. For liver abscess when the liver pain gets significantly worse after eating, excessive flatulence
- Myristica fragrans Q - this is a drug with a 'Moghavi property' (the word "Moghavi", and its synonyms, which means "Protective") as per Ibn Sina's Canon of Medicine. It has hepatoprotective agents or compounds, which mitigate the liver injury caused by hepatotoxic agents and thus can prevent damage to the liver. It improves liver function, promotes liver cell regeneration, and/or enhances liver detoxification,
Dosage: a typical dosage of mother tinctures is 10-15 drops in half a cup of warm water 2 times daily. In acute case, doctors says it may be repeated 3-4 times. Dosage may vary depending on the conditions. Always consult a Homeopathic Physician before taking medicines
For best results, the medicines should match the indicated symptoms or as advised by your doctor. For your liver to recover you should follow the treatment guidelines and maintain healthy lifestyle (which means stop drinking and junk food) . Single or multiple Individual remedies may be selected in drop-down options
Homeopathy medicines for fatty liver treatment
Disclaimer: The medicines listed here are solely based on a suggestion made by a doctor on YouTube, Blog whose reference is provided. Homeomart does not provide any medical advice or prescriptions or suggest self-medications. This is a part of the customer education initiative. We suggest you consult your physician before taking any medicines