Check Pincode Serviceability
Bangalore, Metro cities: 1-3 business days, South India: 4-5 business days, North India: 5-7 business days, North east: 5-12 business days
Outside India: 5-10 business days
Impetigo is a highly contagious bacterial skin infection, commonly caused by Staphylococcus or Streptococcus bacteria. It typically presents as red sores or blisters that rupture, ooze, and form yellowish crusts, usually on the face and hands. Treatment often involves topical or oral antibiotics to control infection, with homeopathic remedies and good hygiene practices serving as complementary approaches. Prompt treatment is essential to prevent complications like cellulitis or scarring.
Symptoms of impetigo: It begins as tiny blisters that eventually burst and leave small wet patches of red skin that may ooze fluid. It causes yellow-crusted sores, most commonly on the face. The affected area may have severe itching
If left untreated it may lead to Cellulitis, Guttate psoriasis, Scarlet fever, Septicaemia , Scarring, Staphylococcal scalded skin syndrome
Homeopathy can offer you antibiotic-free over-the-counter medications for impetigo or bacterial skin infection. Specific remedies outlined below aid in providing relief from crusts, blisters, or ulcers as the case may be.
Homeopathy medicines for Impetigo treatment by symptoms
Dr. K. S Gopi says Impetigo can be managed very effectively with well-selected Homoeopathic medicines. Good results are obtained when remedies are matched to symptoms.
Dr. K S Gopi is a former Professor, Govt. Homeopathic medical college, Kozhikode, Kerala, India. He has got four decades of teaching and research experience in the field of Homoeopathy. For more info, please refer to his blog ks-gopi dot blogspot dot com
Dr.K.S Gopi recommends following homeopathic medicines for impetigo, for more information refer his best-selling book Diseases of Skin and Homoeopathic Management
- Mezereum 30 for deep inflammatory redness of the face and formation of thick crusts on the skin.. Eruptions around the mouth with eruptions ooze acrid, gluey moisture, form thick crusts, and scabs with pus beneath or chalky white. The eruptions are itchy, and the child continually scratches them
- Hepar Sulph 30 for impetigo with high sensitive skin homeopathic medicine for pus-filled sores that tend to ulcers, painful, pus-filled sores on the skin. Humid scabs and pustules upon the head. The cervical glands are swollen.
- Mer Sol 30 for painful eruptions in impetigo. yellowish scabs are seen on the face and mouth with fetid discharge, the scalp rough and scaly, skin is constantly moist
- Antimonium Crudum 30 for Impetigo with Scabs, honey-colored scabs present on the face around the lips. The discharge from the sores is greenish.
- Arsenic alb 30 for severe burning, itching, and swelling in the affected part. Effective for Impetigo with dry, rough, scaly, dirty, shriveled skin. The eruptions are papular, dry, rough, scaly, and worse from cold and scratching. Better from warmth.
For best results, the medicines should match the indicated symptoms or as advised by your doctor. Single or multiple Individual remedies may be selected in drop-down options. A complete Kit of 5 impetigo medicines is also available
Note: above medicines are available in 2-dram medicated globules or 30 ml dilutions (sealed unit).
Haslab HC15 Euphorbia Complex Tablets for red rashes on skin, painful pustules
BBP skin ointment for impetigo skin lesions, it has sulphur that acts on the skin and helps to heal a number of skin lesions attended with itching and burning sensation.
Disclaimer: The medicines listed here are solely based on a suggestion made by a doctor on YouTube, Blog whose reference is provided. Homeomart does not provide any medical advice or prescriptions or suggest self-medications. This is a part of the customer education initiative. We suggest you consult your physician before taking any medicines