Check Pincode Serviceability
Bangalore, Metro cities: 1-3 business days, South India: 4-5 business days, North India: 5-7 business days, North east: 5-12 business days
Outside India: 5-10 business days
Hiccup consists of a periodic, synchronous, myoclonic contraction of the diaphragm and respiratory muscles ( inspiratory intercostal musculature). . Hiccup could be because of a referred gastrointestinal reflex elicited by abdominal inputs.
Hiccups is called हिचकी (hindi), el Hipo (spanish), হেঁচকি (bengali), 打嗝 (chinese). The abrupt air rush into lungs elicits a "hic" sound. Hiccup is usually a self-limited disorder; however, when it is prolonged beyond 48 hours, it is considered persistent whereas episodes longer than 2 months are called intractable
Metoclopramide and chlorpromazine are the two commonly used drugs in mainstream treatment of hiccups. Pharmacotherapy of hiccup in homeopathy includes various medicines based on the origin, and symptoms of the problem. As per Journal of Neurogastroenterology and Motility, alternative medicines and remedies are convenient to treat hiccups
1. Dr Kirti recommends Mag phos 6 ch, 2 drops every 10 min for 4 hour (3-4 days) , for more info refer his YouTube video titled ‘ हिचकी की होम्योपैथिक दवा Mag phos’. Magnesium Phosphoricum (also known as magnesium phosphate) main sphere of action is on the muscle, nerve and brain, the three main constituents involved in the pathophysiology of hiccups. It is therefore well indicated for spasms, cramps and flatulence
Dr Rashmi's Homeopathy recommends certain medicines based on the cause and symptoms. Watch her YouTube video tiitled ‘Hiccups treatment in Homeopathy |बार-बार हिचकी आती है तो न करें नजरअंदाज, जानें कारण और बचाव के उपाय’ for more info
2. Nux Vomica 30 - for hiccups from alcohol and tobacco abuse. Alcohol irritates the digestive system, including your esophagus, which can also trigger hiccups. It is empirically known that smoking can cause hiccups, inhalation of substances from smoking may irritate the lungs and induce hiccups as a vagal reflex
3. Ratanhia 200 - hiccups after delayed lunch or after intermittent fasting. This happens when gas from digesting food irritates the diaphgram. She says it is a good medicine for any hiccups from stomach related disorder
4. Cina 30 - for hiccups in children which may be persistant. This can happen when your child eats too much food too quickly or swallows too much air. It can also happen if teh kid is in the habit of drinking carbonated beverages with food
Cyclamen 30 - for hiccups during pregnancy. When the expectant mother is excited and nauseous hiccups occurs during pregnancy (first and second trimester). It is a uncomfortable side effect of being pregnant
5. Ginseng Q+ Cinnamon Q - for chronic hiccups. This is a repetitive hiccup spell lasting more than 48 h, an uncommon and neglected pathological condition. Preliminary findings suggested an upper digestive origin. As per Presse medicale, a diseased esophagus is frequently the cause of chronic hiccup. Dosage: 10 drops in 1/4 cup of water 2-3 times a day until significant improvement or as suggested by your doctor
6. Succinum 30 for hiccups from anxiety or fear. A stressful event, manifested as sudden excitement, nervousness, fear or shock may act as a hiccup trigger, causing the diaphragm to begin to spasm (source Materia Medica)
Note: Only item 1 & 5 is in 30ml drops form rest are in 2 dram medicated pills.
Disclaimer: The medicines listed here are solely based on suggestion made by doctor on You Tube whose reference is provided. Homeomart does not provide any medical advise or prescriptions or suggest self medications. This is a part of customer education initiative. We suggest you consult your physician before taking any medicines