Dysphagia (difficulty swallowing) Homeopathy Medicines
Check Pincode Serviceability
Bangalore, Metro cities: 1-3 business days, South India: 4-5 business days, North India: 5-7 business days, North east: 5-12 business days
Outside India: 5-10 business days
Signs and symptoms of dysphagia may include:
- Having pain while swallowing
- Being unable to swallow
- Having the sensation of food getting stuck in throat or chest or behind sternum
- Being hoarse
- Bringing food back up
- Having frequent heartburn
- Having food or stomach acid up into throat
Dysphagia Causes - oesophageal stricture, oesophageal tumour, and achalasia (nerves in the esophagus become damaged) . Neurological disorders like Parkinson’s disease, multiple sclerosis (disabling disease of the brain and spinal cord), stroke, or injury to the brain and spinal cord
Dysphagia Homeopathy Medicines
- Lachesis 200 - patient has difficulty in swallowing liquids or even saliva. Pain and swelling in the throat, choking feeling
- Hyoscyamus 30 - Constriction of throat, Inability to swallow liquids, solid and warm food better. Fluids come out of the nose or go into larynx
- Kali Carbonicum 30 - difficulty in swallowing solids along with gagging and vomiting, Stitching pain in throat as from fish bone
- Alumina 200 - Dry and sore throat. Food cannot pass, esophagus contracted. Feels as if splinter or plug were in throat.
- Belladonna 30 - Muscles of swallowing very sensitive. Drinks in sips. Must take a drink to swallow solid food. When swallowing bends head forward and lifts up knees. Esophagus is dry, feels contracted, spasms in throat.
- Cactus Grandiflorus 30 - person has to drink a lot of water to make the food move down the esophagus. Heat and constriction in the throat, suffocation
For best results, the medicines should match the indicated symptoms or as advised by your doctor
Note: above medicines are available in 2-dram medicated globules and 30ml drops (sealed)
Dosage: (Pills) Adult and children 2 years of age and older: Dissolve 4 pills under the tongue 3 times a day until relieved or as directed by a physician. (Drops): The usual dosage is 3-4 drops in a teaspoon of water 2-3 time daily. Dosage may vary depending on the conditions. Always consult a Homeopathic Physician before taking medicines
Source: Dr. K S Gopi is a former Professor, Govt. Homeopathic medical college, Kozhikode, Kerala, India. He has got four decades of teaching and research experiences in the field of Homoeopathy. For more info, please refer to his blog ks-gopi dot blogspotdot com
Difficulty swallowing and throat pain - viral infection of the throat (sore throat) or pharyngitis may cause pain that worsens with swallowing or talking due to swollen, red tonsils
Difficulty swallowing from acid reflux - if you have chronic ir acute indigestion or acidity, the undigested food may rise and back up the esophagus and into the mouth. This leaves the throat and food pipe very sore, irritated and unable to swallow food.
Difficulty swallowing and tonsillitis - inflammation of the tonsils lead to swollen, painful lymph glands in your neck causing it.
Difficulty swallowing in end stage cancer - Dysphagia or swallowing difficulties are common at the end of life caused by the tumor in neck cancers, which blocks or narrows the food passage, or as a side effect of treatment. Dr. H.S Khaneja indicates Euphorbium off (thrice daily) as a palliative for reducing burning pains of cancer. He adds Echinacea Q, 10-15 drops (thrice daily) in warm water reduces pain of cancer in last stages.
Disclaimer: The medicines listed here are solely based on a suggestion made by a doctor on Blog whose reference is provided. Homeomart does not provide any medical advice or prescriptions or suggest self-medications. This is a part of the customer education initiative. We suggest you consult your physician before taking any medicines