Check Pincode Serviceability
Bangalore, Metro cities: 1-3 business days, South India: 4-5 business days, North India: 5-7 business days, North east: 5-12 business days
Outside India: 5-10 business days
What to do for indigestion heartburn relief?
Here are some self-care measures that may help alleviate indigestion and heartburn:
- Antacids: Over-the-counter antacids can neutralize stomach acid and provide short-term relief. They are available in various forms like chewable tablets, liquids, and effervescent powders. Homeopathy medicines indicated below offer alternative antacid remedies that are safe and natural.
- Avoid Trigger Foods: Certain foods and beverages can trigger heartburn and indigestion. Common culprits include spicy, fatty, and acidic foods, as well as caffeine, alcohol, and carbonated drinks. Try to identify your triggers and minimize their consumption.
- Eat Smaller Meals: Instead of having large meals, try eating smaller, more frequent meals throughout the day. This can help reduce pressure on the stomach and lessen the chance of acid reflux.
- Avoid Eating Close to Bedtime: Give yourself a few hours after eating before lying down. This can help prevent stomach acid from flowing back into the esophagus.
- Elevate Your Head While Sleeping: If you experience nighttime heartburn, elevate the head of your bed by placing blocks under the bedposts or using a wedge pillow.
- Chew Gum: Chewing sugarless gum after meals can stimulate saliva production, which can help neutralize stomach acid.
- Ginger: Ginger has natural anti-inflammatory properties that may help with indigestion. You can try drinking ginger tea or chewing on ginger slices.
- Slippery Elm (Ulmus rubra): Slippery elm, available in various forms like lozenges or teas, can help soothe the lining of the esophagus and stomach.
- Avoid Tight Clothing: Tight clothing, especially around the waist, can put pressure on the stomach and exacerbate heartburn. Opt for looser clothing.
- Stay Hydrated: Drink plenty of water throughout the day, but avoid drinking large amounts while eating, as it can increase pressure on the stomach.
- Lifestyle Changes: Quit smoking if you're a smoker and aim to manage stress through relaxation techniques like deep breathing, yoga, or meditation.
Remember, if your symptoms persist or worsen despite trying these self-care measures, or if you experience additional symptoms like difficulty swallowing, unexplained weight loss, or vomiting blood, seek medical attention promptly.
Two leading homeopathic doctors recommend their choice of remedies to help treat indigestion, acid reflux, heartburn, and flatulence.
Dr. Kirti Homeopathy Acidity Cure Combinations 1
Check his Youtube video titled " Acidity | Cure Ur Acidity with My formula of Homeopathic Medicine | गला और पेट जलना खट्टी डकार आना " for more information
- Robinia 30, 2 drop 3 times a day after meal. It is a well-indicated medicine that helps to manage acid reflux. Acidity gets worse at night, persons needing it have dry scratchy throat. The throat feels rough and sore.
- Bismuthum Metallicum 30, 2 drop 3 times a day before meal or food
Dr. Kirti Acidity Cure homeopathic Combinations 2
- Dizester Syrup,10ml two times a day
- Nux vomica 30, 2 drop 2 times a day, for pain in the stomach even with the least food, nausea may accompany. Constipation with an ineffectual urge to pass stool may be felt. Nux Vomica helps to relieve gas issues as well as constipation to relieve the gastric headache. Nux Vomica is also highly suitable for those who live a sedentary life
- Robinia 30, 2 drops 2 times a day
Dr. Pranjali Acidity Indigestion relief homeopathy combination 1
Check her Youtube video titled "Gas problems, acidity symptoms, indigestion homeopathic medicine | gastric problem & flatulence" to know more
- Robinia 6 ch
- Antim crud 6 ch
- Carbo veg 6ch - indicating symptom to use it is sensation of something acrid and corroding in throat that incites cough. Another symptom is difficulty in swallowing food
- Lycopodium 6 ch
- China (Cinchona Off) 6 ch
Dosage: Mix all and take 2 times in a day for chronic cases and 2 every 10 min gap 3 dose for acute case
Dr. Pranjali Acidity Indigestion relief homeopathy combination 2
Check her Youtube video titled "खट्टी डकार , एसिडिटी , बदहजमी, अपच से छुटकारा | Acidity ka ilaj | acidity homeopathic medicine"
- Natrum phos 6x - It is one of the best medicines in homeopathy to manage acid reflux. The first indication for using it is sensation of a lump in the throat. Second symptom where this medicine helps is difficulty in swallowing. It is accompanied by much hawking (forceful clearing of throat to get rid of phlegm). Lastly, inflammation of throat can be there when this medicine is required. Persons needing it suffer from acidity with sour burps. They may have a complaint of water brash (excessive saliva mixed with the stomach acid rising to the mouth) too.
- Robinia 30
- Nux vomica 30
- Pulsatilla 30
- Carbo veg 200 - indicating symptom to use it is sensation of something acrid and corroding in throat that incites cough. Another symptom is difficulty in swallowing food
Disclaimer: The medicines listed here are solely based on suggestion made by doctor on You Tube whose reference is provided. Homeomart does not provide any medical advise or prescriptions or suggest self medications. This is a part of customer education initiative. We suggest you consult your physician before taking any medicines