Check Pincode Serviceability
Bangalore, Metro cities: 1-3 business days, South India: 4-5 business days, North India: 5-7 business days, North east: 5-12 business days
Outside India: 5-10 business days
Homeopathy offers non surgical ingrown toe nail treatment options with some specific remedies like Myristica sebifera and Magnetis Polus Australis. Two homeopaths discuss causes of ingrown toenails, how to treat the infection it causes and address the throbbing pain (usually at night)
Causes: the ingrown toenail usually appears on the great toe and is common in sports persons, those wearing tightfitting shoes or high heels and in diabetic person says Dr Rawat chaudhary. He says if the nails are not cut properly i.e., depth cutting of nails that is round shaped causes nails to grow inwards. Toe injury caused by activity or tight wearing shoes also leads to this situation
Symptoms: there may be inflammation with redness and swelling in the affected area on the edges of the toe bed. There may be infection with pus and throbbing pain
Is surgery feasible in Ingrown toenail treatment? Dr Rawat says that surgery may be the only option in advanced cases of infection in ingrown toenail treatment. If the infection has spread deep, almost to the bone, then surgical removal is advisable because of the toe bones inability to absorb antibiotics. Surgery is required to remove the infected bone to prevent the infection from spreading further. In other cases surgery is not required because it can relapse. Dr Rawat Chaudhary says he has treated many patients who came back after surgery with the same problem
Tip: Homeopathy medicines for nail afflictions like Nail Fungus (Onychomycosis), Brittle Nails (Onycholysis) or Black or Blue Spots due to injuries in collection here
Kit 1 Dr Rawat ingrown toenail removal treatment combo
Dr Rawat recommends certain medicines which he says is therapeutically beneficial in ingrown toenail treatment from his clinical experience. He says these are generalised medicines and individual treatment may vary. Watch his YouTube video titled 'Ingrown Toe Nail |Onychocryptosis | Pain swelling Pus treatment without surgery' for more info
- Myristica Sebifera 30 - it is derived from Brazilian plant Ucuba belonging to the family Myristicaceae. This remedy is a great antiseptic and has great efficacy in treating ulcerative and suppurative conditions of cellular tissue and periosteum. Myristica Sebifera quickens the process of suppuration and shortens the period. This remedy is great in healing inflammatory and suppurative stages.
- Magnetis Polus Australis 30 - medicine indicated when there is an extreme pain in the ingrown toenail coupled with sharp, pulsating pain and intense soreness around the affected part.
- Silicea 30 - Silicea commonly known as Pure flint is a leading homeopathic remedy of mineral kingdom and is derived from chemical compound silicon dioxide.
- Teucricum Mar Var 30 -it is commonly known as Cat Thyme. This homeopathic remedy is prepared from freshly harvested part of the plant which is chopped gently and crushed. The final product is then macerated in alcohol. This homeopathic medicine helps in treating ingrown toenail successfully when accompanied by a suppurated toenai
Dose: 3-4 drops in teaspoon of water thrice daily (1-1-1)
(External) Soak - Dr advises soaking affected foot in warm water with Calendula Q. Add 50ml of Calendula Q in 1 liter of warm water and soak it for 10 minutes. You may apply the mother tincture on affected area by dabbing it in a cotton ball. This softens the nail bed and reduces pain
Kit contains 5 units, 4 units of 30ml dilution and 1 unit of 100ml mother tincture
Kit 2 Ingrown toenail treatment without surgery - Dr Aparana's combo
Dr. Arpana Samanta, Homeopathic Doctor (Gold Medalist) from New Delhi, talks about ingrown toenail treatment in her YouTube video ' इनग्रोन टोनेल्स के लिए होम्योपैथिक इलाज || INGROWN TOE NAILS Homeopathic Medicines'. She recommends
- Graphites (30/200) - thick nails that may be brittle, patient may also present dirty skin which is ailment prone. Graphites commonly known as Black Lead Plumbago is derived from the crushed grain of purest black lead. Very effective remedy for skin complaints and ingrown toenails. Graphites Naturalis is a medicine that is used to treat ingrown toenails in cases where the nails are thick and rough.
- Silicea (30/200) - ingrown toenail with infection and pus formation. The word Silica is originated from the Latin word Silex denoting Silicon Oxide. This remedy is well indicated for the ailments attended with pus formation.
- Hypericum (30/200) - patient has abscess that may be deep with burning and pain, patient may be diabetic
- Myristica Seb (30/200) - specific treatment of ingrown toenail with swelling and pain. It will help relieve pain and clear up the discharge and used widely with silicea above
- Magnetis Polus Australis (30/200) - another specific medicine for pain and swelling of ingrown toe nails
Doctor says dosage, potency and repetition depends on various factors and individual case profile. In general 3-4 drops in teaspoon of water thrice daily (1-1-1) or as advised by your doctor
Homeopathy Silicea for brittle nails
Doctor advise Nail Fungus Combinations, Onychomycosis
REPL Dr Adv No 178 drops nails-crumben (for healthy nails)
Disclaimer: The medicines listed here are solely based on a suggestion made by a doctor on YouTube whose reference is provided. Homeomart does not provide any medical advice or prescriptions or suggest self-medications. This is a part of the customer education initiative. We suggest you consult your physician before taking any medicines