Check Pincode Serviceability
Bangalore, Metro cities: 1-3 business days, South India: 4-5 business days, North India: 5-7 business days, North east: 5-12 business days
Outside India: 5-10 business days
About Berberis Vulgaris Homeopathy Dilution
Homeopathic medicine Berberis Vulgaris is derived from barberry plant which belongs to family berberidaceae. Name: English-Barberry; Hindi-Kashmal.
It is a renowned medicine in homeopathy to treat kidney disorders, especially kidney stones
Patient profile: This medicine is highly suitable for persons who suffer from kidney or bladder issues. It also suits persons who feel tired all the time and become prematurely old. Lastly, persons having long-term joint inflammation due to high uric acid level find this medicine very useful.
Clinical Indications: Kidney stones, kidney pain, kidney disorders, bladder disorders, nephritis (kidney inflammation), cystitis (bladder inflammation), haematuria (blood in urine), arthritis (joint inflammation), eczema, gallstones, itching, liver disorders, back pain, painful menses, vaginismus, vaginal discharges
Berberis Vulgaris is a Homoeopathic Dilution made from Barberry and is useful for pelvic engorgements and hemorrhoids since it acts on the venous system. It is also useful for affections of the liver, joint pains, urinary and menstrual complaints. It is a valuable remedy for gout and for kidney stones with nephritis and hematuria.
It helps in cases of wandering and radiating pains with a bubbling sensation in affected parts. Symptoms are changeable such as thirst alternating with thirstlessness and hunger alternating with a loss of appetite. It also acts well in affections of the gall bladder such as cholecystitis along with jaundice and diarrhea. It is a very valuable remedy for urethritis when the chief symptoms are the bubbling sensation in the region of the kidneys, sensation as if some urine remained after micturating and burning in urethra when not passing urine.
Clinically it is indicated for infection and inflammation of urinary system with tendency to formation of stones. It also acts on the venous system, biliary system and joints. It is useful in cases of engorgement of veins in pelvis and rectum, haemorrhoids, liver diseases, rheumatic affections, urinary infections, and menstrual disorders. This medicine has widespread action on urinary organs. Its action is well marked on joints, liver and skin. Lastly, it acts well on male and female genitals.
Uses/Benefits: What doctors recommend Berberis Vulgaris in Homeopathy?
Dr Vikas Sharma recommends
- Renal colic in kidney stones: It helps dissolve kidney stones and relieves pain arising from kidney stones. Berberis Vulgaris is an important medicine for treating shooting pain in kidneys that reaches the bladder. Burning sensation, bubbling sensation or pressive pain is felt in area around kidneys which is sore and sensitive to touch. Any jarring motion or jumping worsens the pain.
- Berberis Vulgaris is also beneficial for managing lower back pain during menses
- Berberis Vulgaris mainly helps in relieving pain in the joints. Among joints, it offers help to relieve knee joint pain wonderfully
- Pain In Testes, Genital Itching can help to relieve pain in the testes which may be stitching/ constricting/ smarting/ cutting/ stinging/ pressing or burning type
- Berberis Vulgaris can be used for painful menses with pain in the kidneys radiating down the thighs. The periods are scanty and black in colour.
- use is also considered in eczema of anus and hands particularly.
- or managing tearing, shooting pain in the thigh
Dr Gopi recommends
- Berberis Vulgaris 30 is helpful for hydrocele with smarting, burning type of pain. It is also indicated for stitching pain in the testicles and scrotum from hydrocele
- For Pus Cells In Urine, Berberis VulgarisQ is prescribed when burning in urethra is present even when not urinating. Along with this, pain in kidney region and thighs may also be present. Constant urge to urinate, with scanty urine, is another indication that Homeopathic medicine . There is the sensation of some urine remaining in the bladder after urinating. Cramping or aching pain in the bladder while urinating is another symptom showing Berberis Vulgaris .
- Berberis vulgaris Q and Lycopodium 3x are excellent remedies for high uric acid gout symptoms where stones are seen in kidneys. Berberis vulgaris is effective when stones form in the left kidney, whereas Lycopodium in the right kidney. There is joint pain , swelling and tenderness. These remedies lower uric acid levels . also dissolve the stones.
Dr Kuldeep Jangid says बिना आपरेशन पथरी का इलाज
Presentation: Berberis Vulgaris Homeopathy Dilution is available in 30ml, 100ml, 500ml (100ml*5) in SBL, Schwabe, Others*.
Berberis Vulgaris therapeutic range of actions as per Boericke Materia Medica
Rapid change of symptoms-pains change in regard to place and character-thirst alternates with thirstlessness, hunger, and loss of appetite, etc. Acts forcibly on the venous system, producing pelvic engorgements and haemorrhoids.Hepatic, and rheumatic affections, particularly with urinary, haemorrhoidal and menstrual complaints.Dose-Tincture, to sixth potency
Abdomen: Pain in the right side of the abdomen with stitches in the liver region. Inflammation and pain in the gall bladder with constipation and yellowish complexion. Dull pain in the back, in the region of kidneys and pain in the front of the kidneys extending to liver, spleen, stomach and groins.
Urinary: Frequent desire to urinate with burning sensation in the urethra. Urinary incontinence with unfinished, dissatisfied feeling after urination. Urine is thick, mucoid and bright-red with thick sediment. Pain in the region of bladder with bubbling sensation in the kidneys. Pain extends from loins to groins while urinating.
Female: Neuralgic pains in ovaries and vagina with spasmodic contraction and tenderness of vagina. Decreased sexual desire with burning, soreness and cutting pain in vagina during intercourse. Scanty menses and leucorrhea with gray mucus and pain in kidneys extending down the thighs.
Back: Pain in the neck and back with numbness and bruised feeling. Pain and chills in the region of kidneys radiating to hips and groins. Pain with stitches radiating from kidneys into the bladder. Stiffness and numbness of the back with tearing pains in the region of kidneys. Smaller joints especially of fingers and toes feel sprained. It is also indicated for paost operative pain in the back especially in the lumbar region.
Extremities: Pain in the joints of shoulders, arms, hands and fingers, legs and feet. Neuralgic pains in the nail beds with swelling of the joints of fingers and toes. Chills extend throughout the thighs with pain. Pain in the heels and balls of feet, as if ulcerated. Extreme tiredness and weakness of legs after walking, even a short distance.
Skin: Intense itching of the skin with burning after scratching. Warts that are flat and pustules all over the body. Itching in the hands and anus from eczematous eruptions. Increased pigmentation in circumscribed spots after eczematous inflammation.
Modalities - Worse, motion, standing. It brings on, or increases, urinary complaints.
Please note that the dosage of single homoeopathic medicines varies from drug to drug depending upon the condition, age, sensitivity and other things. In some cases they are given as regular doses as 3-5 drops 2-3 times a day whereas in other cases they are given only once in a week, month or even in a longer period.
Potencies:Berberis Vulgarisis diluted in various potencies namely 6C, 30C, 200C, 1M, 10M
Berberis Vulgaris Frequently asked Questions
What are the side effects of Berberis Vulgaris?
No known side effects reported.
What precautions to take before using Berberis Vulgaris?
How long should I take Berberis Vulgaris?
Until the symptoms improve or as per the Physicians prescription.
Is Berberis Vulgaris safe for children?
Is it safe to use Berberis Vulgaris during pregnancy?
*Other Brands- Homeomart, Similia, Medisynth, Hahnemann
Berberis Vulgaris Homeopathy Dilution is available in SBL, Schwabe, Others (Homeomart, Hahnemann, Similia, Medisynth, St George). When you choose 'Others' one of the 3 brands medicine will be sent subject to availability of these brands. All sealed units.