Check Pincode Serviceability
Bangalore, Metro cities: 1-3 business days, South India: 4-5 business days, North India: 5-7 business days, North east: 5-12 business days
Outside India: 5-10 business days
Top Homeopathic Remedies for Whooping Cough Relief
Whooping cough also known as pertussis is marked by a severe hacking cough followed by a characteristic high-pitched intake of breath that sounds like "whoop."It is a highly contagious respiratory tract infection. As per JAMA Pediatrics, despite the large amount of clinical research on whooping cough, no curative treatment of the disease has yet been discovered. It adds ‘the common treatment for whooping cough is mainly symptomatic and consists of ordinary nursing’
However Homeopathy offers specific therapy remedies like Pertussin and Drosera that is directed at the aetiologies and pathophysiological mechanisms responsible for this type of cough
Dr. K.S. Gopi's Insights on Homeopathy for PertussisDr.K.S. Gopi a researcher, academician, practitioner and author of best seller book Homeopathy Easy Prescriber has identified important remedies for this condition
- Pertussin 200 - Start treatment with this remedy. It may cure or cut short the disease
- Drosera 30 - Almost specific for whooping cough. Spells of hacking followed by vomiting if the mucus does not come up, worse after midnight. Whooping cough spells or bouts usually last a few minutes at a time and tend to be more common at night
- Kali Carb 200 - It should be tried if Drosera fails. Bag like swelling between the upper eyelid and the eye brow
- Ambra Grisea 200 - Convulsive cough with flow of warm water from the mouth. Patients with whooping cough may develop paroxysms - rapid, violent, and uncontrolled coughing fits that may last 1-6 weeks
- Arnica Montana 200 - Child begins to cry as soon as it feels the cough coming on . Rupture of blood vessels of the eye. Bleeding from the nose or spitting of blood. The coughing associated with Pertussis may cause a sudden increase in the pressure within the blood vessels of the nose and/or eyes. This may lead to nosebleeds (epistaxis) and the appearance of red blood vessels in the white of the eyes (scleral hemorrhage).
- Belladonna 200 - In the first stage of cough. Child cries before the cough. Dry cough with red face 3-4 fists at a time. Nose bleeding at later stages. The dry long lasting cough is due to bacterial infection induced swelling and inflammation. The strain of coughing can cause the face to become very red
- Coccus Cacti 30 - Vomiting of thick viscid mucus. Frequent passage of much pale urine with tenesmus. Thick mucus accumulates inside your airways usually triggers uncontrollable coughing. Coccus cacti acts as a mucolytic agent - it exerts effect on the mucus layer lining the respiratory tract with the motive of enhancing its clearance
- Cuprum Metallicum 200 - for Spasms, Cramps or Convulsions. This is induced by spasmodic coughing episodes, or paroxysms of as many as 10 or more coughs without an inspiration
- Corallium Rubrum 30 - Violent cough, children loose their breath and become purple and black in their face. Gasping for breath and vomiting. Icy coldness of air passages . Nervous and minute gun cough. Smoothering before the cough
- Ipecac 30 - Spasmodic fits coughing with vomiting. The violent and rapid cough may induce thick mucus discharge followed by vomiting
- Napthalin 30 - for choking cough, constriction of throat. Coughing violently and rapidly, until all the air has left the lungs and a person is forced to inhale casues this sensation in whooping cough
- Thymus Serpyllum Q- Whooping cough of children. Sore throat and burning in pharynx
Source: blog article in ks-gopi dot blog spot dot com
Tip For best results, the medicines should match the indicated symptoms or as advised by your doctor
Note: above medicines are available in 2-dram medicated globules or 30 ml dilutions (sealed unit).
Dosage: (Pills) Adult and children 2 years of age and older: Dissolve 4 pills under the tongue 3 times a day until relieved or as directed by a physician. (Drops): The usual dosage is 3-4 drops in a teaspoon of water 2-3 times daily. Dosage may vary depending on the conditions. Always consult a Homeopathic Physician before taking medicines
Explore Specialized Homeopathic Syrups and Drops for Pertussis
- Adel 83 Bronchi Pertu Syrup for Whooping cough, Asthma. Contains Guajacum 3x that addresses various types of respiratory diseases such as pus producing infections which afflict bronchial passageways
- Allen A61 Homeopathy Whooping Cough Drops. Contains Antimonium tartaricum for coughing and gasping consecutively.
- Haslab HC-13 drosera complex tablet (whooping cough). Contains Mephites Americana 3x : Cough from talking; hollow, deep, with rawness, hoarseness, and pains through chest. Violent spasmodic cough vomiting after eating. काली खाँसी, खाँसते-खाँसते गले में कफखड़खड़ाना, साँस रूकना, गला फँसना, गले में 10 - वर्म, स्वर भंग.
- Schwabe Tussikind Tablets for irritable, whooping cough initial symptoms in children. Contains Spongia tosta 3x that treats barking, dry, croupy cough that worsens during inhalation
Disclaimer: The medicines listed here are solely based on a suggestion made by a doctor on YouTube, Blog, Book whose reference is provided. Homeomart does not provide any medical advice or prescriptions or suggest self-medications. This is a part of the customer education initiative. We suggest you consult your physician before taking any medicines