Check Pincode Serviceability
Bangalore, Metro cities: 1-3 business days, South India: 4-5 business days, North India: 5-7 business days, North east: 5-12 business days
Outside India: 5-10 business days
You can stop alopecia areata from spreading due to various causes. Topical creams do not provide satisfactory relief as they require understanding the specific causes triggering it. Homeopathy provides natural, safe, and effective remedies specific to the alopecia areata caused in a patient with both internal and external treatment. Leading homeopathy doctors now share their clinically treated success stories and recommendations
Alopecia Areata treatment options in mainstream and alternative remedies
Alopecia areata is a condition that causes hair loss, typically in patches on the scalp. While there is no known cure for alopecia areata, there are several treatment options available, both in mainstream medicine and alternative remedies. It's important to note that the effectiveness of these treatments can vary from person to person, and it's always advisable to consult with a healthcare professional before starting any treatment regimen.
Mainstream Treatment Options:
1. Topical Corticosteroids: These are commonly prescribed for mild to moderate cases of alopecia areata. They can be applied to the affected areas to help suppress the immune response that is attacking the hair follicles.
2. Intralesional Corticosteroid Injections: In more extensive cases, corticosteroids can be injected directly into the bald patches to help stimulate hair growth.
3. Topical Minoxidil: Minoxidil is an FDA-approved topical solution that can be applied to the scalp to promote hair regrowth. It is commonly used for androgenetic alopecia (pattern hair loss), but it may also be beneficial for some individuals with alopecia areata.
4. Immunomodulatory Drugs: Medications like JAK inhibitors, such as tofacitinib and ruxolitinib, are being explored as potential treatments for alopecia areata. These drugs work by suppressing the immune response thought to be responsible for the hair loss.
1. Essential Oils: Some essential oils, such as rosemary, lavender, and cedarwood, are believed to promote hair growth. They can be diluted and applied topically or mixed with carrier oils for scalp massage.
2. Aromatherapy: Aromatherapy techniques using essential oils are sometimes used to reduce stress, which may be a trigger for some cases of alopecia areata. While not a direct treatment for hair regrowth, stress management can potentially benefit overall health.
3. Herbal Supplements: Certain herbs and supplements, such as ginkgo biloba, saw palmetto, and green tea extract, are sometimes recommended to support hair growth. However, scientific evidence for their effectiveness in treating alopecia areata is limited.
4. Acupuncture: This traditional Chinese medicine technique involves the insertion of thin needles into specific points on the body. Some people believe that acupuncture can stimulate hair regrowth, but more research is needed to establish its efficacy for alopecia areata.
5. Homeopathy: works on the principle "similia similibus curentur" and uses phytomedicines (plant derivative), minerals and biological extracts from tissues to treat patients while mapping their profile and symptoms. It has been clinically validated in CCRH and is adopted in a large number of countries.
Note that alternative remedies like homeopathy undergo extensive scientific research and clinical trials and their effectiveness is documented. If you're considering alternative treatments, it's best to consult with a healthcare professional who has expertise in both mainstream and alternative medicine. They can provide guidance based on your specific condition and help you make informed decisions about your treatment options.
Alopecia Areata treatment, what homeopathic doctors recommend?
Dr Kirti Vikram talks of alopecia areata, alopecia Universalis, and alopecia totalis, causes, signs and symptoms, and homeopathic medicines in his YouTube video titled ‘Homeopathic medicine for Alopecia areata? explain everything | permanent result’
- Lycopodium 200 2 drops in the morning
- Thuja 200 2 drops in the night
- Clark hair formula 2 drops 2 times a day
- Dr Reckeweg R 89 15 drops 2 times a day with some water
- Jaborandi Q apply on the affected area two times a day
Dr. Rashmi R Shukla, a registered Homeopathic Doctor (Gold Medalist) from Punjab University Chandigarh talks about alopecia areata and its homeopathic treatment along with useful diet and lifestyle tips best suited to the situation in her YouTube video ‘ Alopecia Areata Homeopathic Treatment| आसामन्य तरीके से बाल झड़ने का सबसे बेहतरीन ईलाज| Spot baldness’
She recommends following frontline medicines. She however cautions that these medicines should be taken along with a 'constitutional medicine' (a remedy identified by a homeopath based on your profile) for effective results
- Thuja 200 - for patients with alopecia areata or alopecia Universalis or alopecia totalis in family or history (genetically predisposed)
- Vinca Minor 200 - dr says this is an important medicine for hair loss in patches
- Fluoric acid 200 - important medicine for the onset of alopecia areata after viral fever like malaria, typhoid, dengue, etc
- Phosphorus 200 - for alopecia areata marked by rapidly receding hairline with small patches
- MT Combo - Pix Liquida Q+Sabal Serr Q - dr says this is a very effective tincture combination to arrest alopecia areata. 10 drops of the mixture in 1/2 cup of water 2-3 times a day
Dr. Rawat Choudhary talks of successfully treated cases in his YouTube video titled ‘Alopecia Areata Treatment | अलोपेसा अरीटा का इलाज | गंजापन का इलाज | Best Homeopathic Doctor’ He refers to 3 homeopathic medicines (with 1 remedy used as intercurrent medicine) used to treat patient with alopecia areata successfully. The remedies were selected based on patient symptoms and constitutional need and gave ‘good results’ he claims. He cautions that patients should have patience and perseverance as some medicines take time to treatment and may respond at various strengths.
he says commonly used medicine in the treatment of Alopecia Areata are:
Dr. Rawat also recommends Jaborandi Q + Ceanothus Americanus Q mixture to be used with coconut oil for external application. Watch his YouTube video titled 'बाल झड़ना | गंजापन | Alopecia Areata | Baldness | Best Homeopathic Treatment' to know more
Disclaimer: The medicines listed here are solely based on a suggestion made by a doctor on YouTube whose reference is provided. Homeomart does not provide any medical advice or prescriptions or suggest self-medications. This is a part of the customer education initiative. We suggest you consult your physician before taking any medicines