Check Pincode Serviceability
Bangalore, Metro cities: 1-3 business days, South India: 4-5 business days, North India: 5-7 business days, North east: 5-12 business days
Outside India: 5-10 business days
About Tussistin Syrup
Schwabe Tussistin Syrup is indicated for the relief of cough, pain due to cough, dry hard cough, cough due to cold and accumulation of tough mucus in bronchi and larynx. It covers dry and spasmodic, irritative cough and tickling in larynx. Used in cases of bronchitis in old and feeble person. It is also indicated in mild forms of cough from walking in cold air, morning and night, taking deep breath, etc.
Schwabe Tussistin syrup is homeopathic natural treatment for cough a proprietary blend of several homeopathic herbs (available in syrup). It has key ingredients like antimonium sulphuratum aureum, bryonia Alba etc that acts on pain due to cough, spasmodic cough, chronic and acute bronchitis and fever.
Schwabe Tussistin syrup is the proven natural treatment for cough. Cough is the reflex that keeps the airways and throat clear. Excessive coughing can be the leading cause of underlying disease or disorder. Cough can either be acute or chronic. Acute cough begins suddenly and often lasts not more than two to three weeks. It is usually associated with flu or cold. The cough can be loose, dry and spasmodic. The dry cough can be due to the affections of throat, bronchitis (inflammation of the mucous membrane in the bronchial tube) and laryngitis (inflammation of the larynx). Sometimes it can also be due to nervous origin. The loose cough can be observed in expectoration (to eject from the throat or lungs by coughing) stage of bronchitis. The spasmodic cough can be due to the allergic disorders or observed in whooping cough.
Each 100 ml contains: Antimonium sulphuratum aureum 5x 0.5Ml, Bryonia alba 2x 0.5Ml, Drosera rotundifolia 2x 0.5Ml, Eucalyptus globulus 2x 0.5Ml, Ipecacuanha 3x 0.5Ml Excipients Q. S to make 100ml, Alcohol content 3% v/v.
How the ingredients in Schwabe Tussistin syrup work?
The key properties in Schwabe Tussistin syrup that act as natural treatment for cough are derived from the following ingredients
- Antimonium sulphuratum aureum-treats accumulation of tough mucus in the bronchi and larynx, winter cough and dry hard cough. It also treats increased mucus sputum that is mixed with blood, congestion of upper lobe of lung.
- Bryonia Alba-treats dry bronchitis and pharyngolaryngitis (inflammation of both the pharynx and the larynx). It also treats dry cough excited by tickling in throat, expectoration, difficult and quick respiration etc.
- Drosera rotundifolia-treats dry cough, tickling in the larynx, roughness or dryness in bottom of gullet and hoarseness. It also treats whooping cough, bronchitis and bronchial asthma.
- Eucalyptus globulus-treats bronchitis in feeble and old persons with anaemia (lack of blood cells) and bronchorrhoea (excessive secretions from the bronchial mucosa). It also treats cough with thick, offensive mucus, whooping cough, bronchitis and emphysema (condition in which the air sacs of the lungs are damaged and enlarged, causing breathlessness).
- Ipecacuanha-treats spasmodic cough, bronchitis, bluish face and stiffness of body. It also teats contractive tickling sensation that extends from upper part of larynx to the lowest part of the bronchial tubes etc.
|Dosage||Unless otherwise prescribed 1-2 teaspoon of Tussistin syrup 2-3 times daily, 1/2 teaspoon every 1-3 hours during heavy cough. Children should by given half of the adult dose.|
|Side effects||No side effects are known of Tussistin syrup.|
|Contra-indications||No contra-indications are known for the use of Tussistin syrup.|
|Interactions||No interactions between other products and Tussistin syrup are known|
|Manufacturer||Dr. Willmar Schwabe India Pvt.|