Check Pincode Serviceability
Bangalore, Metro cities: 1-3 business days, South India: 4-5 business days, North India: 5-7 business days, North east: 5-12 business days
Outside India: 5-10 business days
Indications of Schwabe Biocombination 5
Schwabe Biocombination BC5 Coryza Tablets is indicated for Pain in the head, sneezing, continuous thick white discharge from the nose or discharge from the bronchial tubes due to an irritation and severe inflammation of the mucous membranes. Fever, white or grey coated tongue.
Coryza is a viral infection of mucous membrane of the nose and nasopharynx. It is spread by droplet infection. There is a high level of endemic infection during the autumn and winter. Chills and dampness seem to be predisposing factors. Acute Coryza (The common cold) It is due to inflammation of the nasal mucous membrane and occurs as common "cold in head". This condition is due to a mixed infection of virus and other bacteria. The symptoms are dryness of nose and nasopharynx followed by sneezing, nasal obstruction, watery discharge, which later becomes muco-purulent. A varying degree of malaise and pyrexia are present. Biocombination has been found to be useful in both the conditions. Both these conditions, if not controlled, may lead to the following complications:
1. Acute sinusitis with fever, headache or pain in the face, and localised tenderness may be present over the frontal or maxillary sinuses. Chronic sinusitis may result.
2. Acute otitis media with fever, deafness and earache.
3. Tracheitis, bronchitis, or pneumonia.
- Ferrum phosphoricum 3x,
- Kalium muriaticum 3x,
- Natrum muriaticum 6x and
- Kalium sulphuricum 3x in equal proportion.
Mode of action of individual ingredients in Schwabe Biocombination Tablets BC5
- Ferrum phosphoricum: Indicated in first stage of inflammatory febrile conditions with cold in head and throbbing sensation. Eyes are inflamed with burning. There may or may not be initial otitis.
- Kalium muriaticum: Indicated in sub-acute catarrhal affections and inflammatory states, fibrinous exudations, white or grey coating at the base of the tongue, stuffy cold, phlegm white & thick.
- Natrum muriaticum: Intense throbbing headache, eyes appear wet with tears, violent, fluent coryza, discharge thin and watery, violent sneezing.
- Kalium sulphuricum: Application in later stages of inflammation with yellow mucus and profuse discharge, nose, feeling of obstruction, engorgement of nasal, pharyngeal mucous membrane.
Adults 4 tablets, children 2 tablets, at a time, four times a day at intervals of three hours.
|Contra-indication||Nil. It is a safe, non-toxic, non-addictive medicine with no reported side effects.|
|Manufacturer||Dr.Willmar Schwabe india Pvt.Ltd|
|Form||Tablets of 100 mg in bottles of 20g and 550g.|