Check Pincode Serviceability
Bangalore, Metro cities: 1-3 business days, South India: 4-5 business days, North India: 5-7 business days, North east: 5-12 business days
Outside India: 5-10 business days
Schwabe Biocombination No. 22 Scrofula tablets is indicated for both dry and suppurating scrofulous abscesses. Almost all symptoms of the disease are covered.
Scrofulosis (Scrofula) is a morbid constitutional state of system characterized by indolent glandular tumors that suppurate slowly, heal with difficulty and leave scars. Well defined skin conditions of subcutaneous nodules which gradually enlarge, degenerate, ulcerate and terminate cutaneously. Scrofula as a typical, scar tissue is known as Scrofuloderma, lesions commonly occurring about the face, neck through lymph glands. These conditions are also covered by this medicine.
Scrofula, the Latin word for brood sow, it is the term applied to tuberculosis (TB) of the neck. Doctors also call scrofula “cervical tuberculous lymphadenitis”: Cervical refers to the neck. Lymphadenitis refers to inflammation in the lymph nodes, which are part of the body's immune system.
The infected lymph nodes will become inflamed, though they're not usually painful. The infection will usually be on one side of your neck.
Causes: Scrofula is most often caused by the bacteria Mycobacterium tuberculosis. There are many other types of mycobacterium bacteria that cause scrofula. Scrofula is usually caused by breathing in air that is contaminated with mycobacterium bacteria. The bacteria then travel from the lungs to lymph nodes in the neck
Scrofula is a tuberculosis infection of the lymph nodes in the neck. Symptoms are
- Fevers (rare)
- Painless swelling of lymph nodes in the neck and other areas of the body.
- Sores (rare)
Composition of Schwabe Bio-Combination 22
- Kalium muriaticum - 3x
- Ferrum phosphoricum - 3x
- Calcarea phosphorica - 3x
- Silicea - 6x
Mode of action of individual ingredients in Schwabe Biocombination No 22
- Calcarea phosphorica: It is indicated for scrophulosis, chlorosis and phthisis covering tubercular glandular enlargements.
- Ferrum phosphoricum: It has been used in acute exacerbation of tuberculosis, inflammed throat, ulcerated sore throat and restlessness with fever.
- Kalium muriaticum: It is indicated for enlargement of tonsils, lymph glands, sore throat, follicular tonsillitis, vesicles and bursitis. Along with Calcarea phosphorica is covers disturbing symptoms of scrophulosis.
- Silicea: It is used for scrofulous children. It controls abscesses, organic changes and suppurative processes.
|Dosage||Adults 4 Tablets of Schwabe Biocombination No. 22 Scrofula, children 2 Tablets, at a time, four times a day at intervals of three hours.|
|Manufacturer||Dr.Willmar Schwabe india Pvt.Ltd|
|Form||Tablets of 100 mg in bottles of 20g and 550g.|