Check Pincode Serviceability
Bangalore, Metro cities: 1-3 business days, South India: 4-5 business days, North India: 5-7 business days, North east: 5-12 business days
Outside India: 5-10 business days
About Schwabe Alpha Liv syrup:
Schwabe Alpha-Liv syrup is indicated to treat symptoms of liver disease.
Schwabe Alpha-Liv syrup is homeopathic medicine to treat symptoms of liver disease through a proprietary blend of several homeopathic herbs (available in syrup). It has key ingredients like carduus marianus, chelidonium majus etc that acts on fatty liver, slow liver functions and provides supportive treatment of hepatocellular jaundice. It is also indicated for toxic liver damage.
Slow liver functions, fatty liver and for supportive treatment of hepatocellular jaundice and toxic liver damage.
Symptoms of liver disease includes enzyme abnormalities, hepatomegaly (abnormal enlargement of the liver), abdominal pain, fever, anorexia (loss of appetite), hypertension (high blood pressure), vomiting, nausea and weight loss. The liver in human body plays a key role in the metabolism. It has endocrine (glands which secrete hormones or other products directly into the blood) and exocrine (glands which secrete their products through ducts opening), catabolic and anabolic functions. The liver acts as blood reservoir, filter and the store of different substances like vitamins and glycogen. Important functions of liver are to carry out metabolic processes and removal of toxic substances products. Hepatoxins like alcohol, fungal toxins etc may cause specific damage to the liver cells. The toxic hepatitis (inflammation of the liver) can lead to rapid development of the hepatic failure.
Carduus Marianus 10%; Chelidonium Majus 2%:, Andrographis Paniculate 5%; Hydrastis Canadensis 1%; Podophylum Peltatum 1%; Ipecacuanha 1%, Acidum Citricum 1x 5%: Excipients Q. S. Alcohol Content 11.5% V/V.
How the ingredients in Schwabe Alpha-Liv syrup work?
The key properties in Schwabe Alpha-Liv syrup are derived from the following ingredients to treat symptoms of liver disease
- Carduus marianus-it acts on liver, portal and vascular system. It treats problems due to abuse of alcohol, liver enlargement that causes soreness and fullness. It also treats hyperaemia (excess of blood in the vessels) of liver, initial stages of cirrhosis (degeneration of cells, inflammation, and fibrous thickening of tissue), jaundice, lack of appetite vomiting, nausea, irritability, constipation etc.
- Chelidonium majus-it treats jaundice, gall colic (severe pain), enlarged liver, sluggish bowels due to the hepatic diseases etc.
- Andrographis paniculata-treats liver diseases in children, general weakness, prolonged fever, jaundice and enlarged liver. It also acts as tonic and helps in treatment of dyspepsia (indigestion) and dysentery.
- Hydrastis Canadensis-it treats jaundice, dull dragging pain, constipations, gall stones, tumor state etc.
- Podophyllum peltatum-it treats distended abdomen, weakness, sensation of heat and emptiness, jaundice, gastro enteritis (inflammation of the stomach and intestines) etc.
- Ipecacuanha-it treats nausea, vomiting, pain around naval, sore liver and tenesmus (recurrent inclination to evacuate the bowels).
- Acidum citricum-it treats hemorrhage (escape of blood from a ruptured blood vessel) and oedema (condition characterized by an excess of watery fluid collecting in the cavities or tissues). It regulates acid base balances and the bile flow.
|Dosage||Unless otherwise prescribed by the physician, 1 to 2 teaspoon thrice daily. As the symptoms improve, it can be reduced to 1to2 teaspoon of Alpha-Liv syrup twice daily. It is well to tolerated drug and can be used for prolonged periods. Children should be given half the adult dose. it contains syrup and care should be taken regarding dose and duration in diabetes.|
|Manufacturer||Dr.Willmar Schwabe india Pvt.Ltd|
|Side Effects||No side effects are known of Alpha-Liv syrup|
|Contra-indications||No contra-indications are known for the use of Alpha-Liv syrup.|
|Interactions||No interactions between other products and Alpha-Liv syrup are known|