Check Pincode Serviceability
Bangalore, Metro cities: 1-3 business days, South India: 4-5 business days, North India: 5-7 business days, North east: 5-12 business days
Outside India: 5-10 business days
About Nh Aid
Lords Nh Aid Multinutrient Tablets for Strong, Shiny Hair and Healthy Nails
Lords Nh Aid Multinutrient Tablets is an appropriate formula for maintaining strong and shiny hairs and healthy nails. This dietary supplement also helps to improve metabolism and prevents hair loss and brittle nails.
L-Cysteine, Methionine, Saw palmetto, Biotin
Mode of action of ingredients in Lords Nh Aid Multinutrient Tablets
- L-Cysteine: Along with two other amino acids glutamine and glycine, L-cysteine is a basic building block of glutathione which is known as the mother of antioxidants and capable of preventing cellular damage caused by reactive oxygen species such as free radicals, heavy metals and lipid peroxides. It is important for protein synthesis, detoxification and various metabolic functions. Found in beta-keratin, the main protein in nails & hair follicles. The amount of keratin in each hair follicle determines its strength and the disulphide bonds gives hair its straight, wavy and curly properties. The more keratin present in hair the thicker and straighter the hair may be. Cysteine is important in collagen production that ensures the cohesion, elasticity and regeneration of skin and hairs.
- L-cysteine is one of few amino acids that have the ability to form disulfide bonds in the body. These disulfide bonds hold together the keratin strands within the hair, which provide its fibrous properties to hairs that holds on to moisture and prevent hair dryness. Thus L-cysteine benefits are in fact crucial for a healthy hair growth and strong hair.
- Methionine: Methionine is one of the major components of keratin. This amino acid is vital for the synthesis of precursos to collagen called procollagen. As antioxidant, methionine also helps to protect the hair follicles from oxidative stress. Research has shown that low concentrations of methionine cause a decline in hair health and growth.
- The key element of methionine is sulfur which is vital for maintaining keratin in the hair shaft. Methionine also helps body to create new protein that makes the nails stronger and more resistant to breaking.
- Saw palmetto: Saw palmetto also known as Serenoa repens is one among the many naturally occurring 5 alpha reductase inhibitor which has gained popularity as a magical remedy for androgenic alopecia or baldness. Its mechanism of action is similar to finasteride i.e. blocking 5 alpha reductase, saw palmetto decreases dihydrotestosterone uptake by hair follicle and decreases the binding of dihydrotestosterone to androgenetic receptors. Because when testosterone and type 2 alpha reductase get together, they form dihydrotestosterone. Dihydrotestosterone is known to contribute to both male and female pattern baldness because it binds to scalp follicle receptors, causing them to shrink. By blocking the formation of dihydroxytestosterone, saw palmetto is believed to act in a similar way to finasteride that also without any side effects.
- Biotin: Brittle and thin fingernails and alopecia are the major cause of biotin deficiency. It maintains healthy hairs and nails and prevents them from looking brittle and dull. It improves body's keratin infrastructure. Since hair is made of keratin, which is a type of protein. Proteins are built from amino acids, which are formed as a result of the reaction of cell enzymes and biotin. Without biotin there would be decrease in protein synthesis, which would prevent the production of keratin what hair is made of. Hence biotin contributes to production of healthy hairs and nails, by providing an essential ingredient in the process of hair growth.
Recommended for: Strong, smooth & shiny hair and healthy nails.
1 tablet once daily or as prescribed by the Dietitian / Doctor.