Check Pincode Serviceability
Bangalore, Metro cities: 1-3 business days, South India: 4-5 business days, North India: 5-7 business days, North east: 5-12 business days
Outside India: 5-10 business days
Boils (also called Furuncle) are bacterial or fungal infections of hair follicles. It appears as red, raised bump on skin (like a pimple) and will rupture and weep fluid. When the infection worsens, the boil can become hard and painful. Bacteria and dead skin cells may build up under the skin, forming pus. Pressure builds, which may cause the furuncle to burst and release its fluids.
- Most boils are caused by staph bacteria infection of hair follicles
- If your immune system is weakened for any reason, you're more susceptible to boils and carbuncles.
- Previous antibiotic therapy
- Hidradenitis suppurativa (HS), a chronic skin disease causes painful boils in specific body areas such as the armpits and the groins
First line of treatment tips by Dr. Shiv Dua
Eruption of boils, once a year or upon change of season is a process of making the system immune. Do not panic and take it lightly.
When you see that suppuration is taking place, keep a poultice covered with oiled layer of cloth. (Preferably mustard oil) The poultice should be kept hot and renewed until suppuration is nearly completed. The poultice can also be that of hot onion, mustard oil and ‘Haldi’ (Turmeric).
Do not press the boil to burst it yourself. It may spread the infection. Take a piece of garlic every day in the morning.
Boils treatment in homeopathy - Top remedies
Arnica mont 30 Very small boils in plenty scattered over body (summer boils). Increased sweat and oil production in summer can easily lead to clogged pores and acne. It becomes ideal for bacteria to penetrate through tiny cuts, wounds or sweat on the skin and cause boils. Other symptoms: There is a tendency to small furuncles which are painful. Here the occurrence of boils in crops (one boil is cured , when the other comes out). The skin is black and blue in colour. Also there is itching , burning , and eruption of small pimples.
Belladona 30 This medicine should be used in the beginning. There is redness with throbbing and pain. The skin is dry, hot, swollen and sensitive. Dr. Shiv Dua says it is the first remedy of boils when they appear and are red hot & painful: Belladonna, three times a day for 4 days.
Arsenic alb 30 is an excellent remedy for furuncles, malignant pustules, gangrenous inflammation. There is itching, burning and swelling when body fights off the infection. There may be ulcers with offensive discharge. The peculiar symptom for Arsenic is burning as if coals of fire put on affected part. There is cutting and burning pain which is worse at night.
Apis mel 30 is another useful remedy for boils or furuncles. There is burning, stinging pain, skin is sore and sensitive. This occurs because the pressure in boil develops as it grows bigger.
Hepar sulph 30 for boils with marked suppuration (pus), skin is unhealthy, slightest injury tends to suppurate. Pus is a thick fluid containing dead tissue, cells, and bacteria. There is burning and stinging pain. There is extreme pain and tenderness in early stages of pus formation. This remedy will stop pus formation or it will abort pus within a short period. Dr. Shiv Dua says in the beginning of suppuration when pus is developing give Hepar sulphur, three doses a day for one day. This will hasten suppuration.
Silicea 200 is another effective remedy when there is slow healing power. Felons, boils, ulcers, and abscesses. The pus is offensive, long acting suppuration. It promotes expulsion of the foreign body from the tissue. Dr. Shiv Dua says when the boil does not heal although suppuration has taken place and the maturity of boil has not come up, give Silicea terra, three times day for two days.
Thuja Occ 200-There is crops of boils on face, neck and nose.
Merc iod 30 is an excellent remedy for inflammatory stage of furuncles, when there is no pus formation. There is intense shinning redness with throbbing and pain. When pus is formed it is green , thin and water.
Calcarea carb 30 is used when there is no redness but paleness is there. The furuncles are extremely painful.
Lachesis 200 for furuncles bluish in colour with exudation of acrid and offensive pus. Boils are very sensitive to touch with burning pain.
Carbolic Acid 30 for furuncles with accumulation of pus and discharge of very foul odor. There is marked burning pain.
Tarentula hisp 30 is used boils at any stage. Hard, tender, inflamed hair follicles.
Ledum Pal 30- furuncles that are caused by needles pricks
Calcarea Picr. 30- Is a very effective remedy for chronic and recurring furuncles
- blog article in ks-gopi dot blog spot dot com
- book excerpts from Dr.Shiv Dua's 'Homoeopathic self healing guide for beginners'
Tip For best results, the medicines should match the indicated symptoms or as advised by your doctor
Note: above medicines are available in 2-dram medicated globules or 30 ml dilutions (sealed unit).
Dosage: (Pills) Adult and children 2 years of age and older: Dissolve 4 pills under the tongue 3 times a day until relieved or as directed by a physician. (Drops): The usual dosage is 3-4 drops in a teaspoon of water 2-3 times daily. Dosage may vary depending on the conditions. Always consult a Homeopathic Physician before taking medicines
Other speciality homeopathy medicines for boils
- Bakson S Cure Cream for acne, pigmentation, sun burn, boils
- SBL Biochemic Tablets Calcarea Fluorica for varicose veins, piles, cataract, gumboils (abscess that develops on the gums)
- Doliosis D62 Boilex drops for Boils
- Schwabe Biochemic Silicea, acne, boils, brittle nails. It is prepared from the trituration of pure, precipitated silica. Dr. Vikas Sharma says silicea can heal hard, nodular boils that tend to suppurate (form pus)
- Similia Echinacea oil for boils wounds ulcers (external). This medicine is prepared from plant Echinacea angustifolia. This plant belongs to family compositae. It is a valuable medicine to manage skin irritation, papules on the skin with redness, skin may be dry. It works well in recurrent carbuncles
- Bakson Belladonna Ointment for boils, abscesses, carbuncles, swelling. This medicine is prepared from a plant called Deadly Nightshade of the natural order Solanaceae. It can be taken in case of marked redness of the skin with or without eruptions. Heat and dryness of skin presents along with redness. It also works well in cases of boils when used as soon as they appear with extreme redness and swelling.
- Wheezal Arnica Ointment, 25 Gms, a great skin healer in Injury, Boils
Disclaimer: The medicines listed here are solely based on a suggestion made by a doctor on YouTube, Blog, Book whose reference is provided. Homeomart does not provide any medical advice or prescriptions or suggest self-medications. This is a part of the customer education initiative. We suggest you consult your physician before taking any medicines