Check Pincode Serviceability
Bangalore, Metro cities: 1-3 business days, South India: 4-5 business days, North India: 5-7 business days, North east: 5-12 business days
Outside India: 5-10 business days
As per the American Journal of Clinical Dermatology, Seborrheic dermatitis is a superficial fungal disease of the skin, occurring in areas rich in sebaceous glands. It points to an association between Malassezia yeasts and seborrheic dermatitis. It adds that antifungal agents are safe and effective in the treatment of seborrheic dermatitis.
Homeopathic medicines that are chosen based on symptoms can be beneficial in alleviating symptoms through oral therapy. Medicines like Sulphur, Graphites, and Thuja offer oral antifungal therapy that reduces the number of yeasts on the skin, leading to an improvement in seborrheic dermatitis
Symptoms: scaly patches, red skin and stubborn dandruff, Redness or crusting of the eyelids (blepharitis), Patches of greasy skin covered with flaky white or yellow scales
Itchy Scalp, Dandruff, Seborrheic dermatitis relief in Homeopathy
Dr. K.S. Gopi says seborrheic dermatitis is a long-term condition and may involve repeated treatment over a course of time. It may relapse but 'you may be able to manage flare-ups by recognizing seborrheic dermatitis symptoms and using a combination of self-care steps and medications' he says.
He recommends (Source: blog ks-gopi dot blogspotdot com)
- Kali sulphuricum 30 for seborrheic dermatitis with yellow scales, prominent yellow flakes on the scalp, scales are sticky in nature, with a moist scalp attended with itching. Heat worsens the itching. Dr. Vikas sharma says this works best in low potency especially ‘X’ potencies. Kali Sulphuricum 6X, 4 tablets for adults and 2 tablets for children
- Sanicula Aqua 200 (available in German) is an effective remedy for seborrheic dermatitis scales extending from the scalp to the eyebrows, eyelashes, etc. Profuse sweat is present on the head.
- Graphites 30 for seborrheic dermatitis where the scales on the scalp itch intensely. The scales reduce after washing but reappear. It is good for fungal infections that affect skin folds. The scalp may be moist and humid with a fetid smell. Matting together of the hair or falling of hair, the scales may also be present on the eyelid margins and behind the ears.
- Calcarea sulph 30. is prescribed for seborrheic dermatitis when eruptions with yellow pus occur. Falling of hair also occurs.
- Natrum Mur 30 for greasy, oily scalp with redness, tends to flake. Scalp burns and is covered with white scurfs. Acne on face
- Thuja Occ 200 for seborrheic dermatitis with white flakes on the scalp. Dr.Vikas adds that itching and stinging are present in addition to white flakes. It is used in fungal infections with marked itching, and burning. The other prescribing points are dry hair, which may be split at ends, and falling hair. The hair may be dry in such cases.
Note: above medicines are available in 2-dram medicated globules. Customers can order the medicines in 30 ml dilutions also by special request (rates may change).
For best results, the medicines should match the indicated symptoms or as advised by your doctor
Single or multiple Individual remedies may be selected in drop-down options
Dosage: (Pills) Adult and children 2 years of age and older: Dissolve 4 pills under the tongue 3 times a day until relieved or as directed by a physician
Dr.Kirti recommended a Seborrheic dermatitis medicines kit
Dr. Kirti V Singh recommends Homeopathic medicines that are indicated for itchy scaly conditions of the scalp that leads to scalp folliculitis, Dandruff, Seborrheic dermatitis, etc
Watch his YouTube video titled " itchy scalp! Dandruff seborrheic dermatitis psoriasis eczema and its homeopathic medicin?? explain!" to know more
Homeopathy Medicines and their mode of action for Itchy Scalp, Dandruff
- Baksons AC4 Tablets is a homeopathic patent medicine for dandruff treatment and is composed of well-balanced ingredients like Calcarea flour 6x, Calcarea sulph 6x, Rhus Tox 30x, Arsenicum Alb 30x etc for dandruff-free hair.
- Sulphur 30 is prescribed when well-selected remedies fail. Intolerable itching and scratching of the scalp. Scratching causes severe burning. Dr. Vikas Sharma says it is effective for fungal infection with marked itching, burning
- Petroleum 200 is a very effective medicine when there is excessive dryness and cracks on the affected skin area. This skin is also hard, rough, and thickened. Bleeding may occur from the cracks. In some cases needing it there may be a thick crust present on the skin involved. The crust may be green in color. Redness is present along with the crusts. It may be accompanied by itching and burning. It is also a prominent medicine for cases where eczema in and behind the ears is there. In such cases, there is excessive redness and rawness behind the ears
- Arsenic album 30 is an effective remedy for seborrheic dermatitis in weak persons. It is also suited to patients with fair skin. The scalp is covered with white scales which itch intolerably. Circular patches on bare spots are seen. Along with this great anxiety and restlessness is present.
- Mezereum 30 is one of the best remedies for seborrheic dermatitis. Scalp covered with scaly eruption with white scabs. Head covered with thick, leathery, crusts, under which pus collects.
Dosage of homeopathic medicines are
- Sulphur 30, 2 drop in the morning
- Petroleum 200, 2 drops 2 times a day
- Arsenic album 30, 2 drops three times a day
- Mezerium 30, 1 drops at night
- Bakson AC#4 tab 2tablets 3 times a day with some water
Contents: This Kit contains 5 units of individual medicines i.e., 4 dilutions and 1 Speciality tablet as indicated above
Cradle cap, or infantile seborrheic dermatitis, is a common skin condition in babies that results in scaly, crusty patches on the scalp. Know the cradle cap homeopathy remedies here
Graphites in topical application ointment and gel is well indicated for dermatitis
Sulphur cream exerts mild anti-fungal and anti-parasitic effect
Disclaimer: The medicines listed here are solely based on a suggestion made by a doctor on YouTube, Blog whose reference is provided. Homeomart does not provide any medical advice or prescriptions or suggest self-medications. This is a part of the customer education initiative. We suggest you consult your physician before taking any medicines