Check Pincode Serviceability
Bangalore, Metro cities: 1-3 business days, South India: 4-5 business days, North India: 5-7 business days, North east: 5-12 business days
Outside India: 5-10 business days
Also known as Podophyllum
It has a marked effect on the duodenum, small intestines, liver, and rectum and is indicated in conditions like gastro-enteritis with colicky pain, diarrhea, and bilious vomiting. Troubles during dentition and pregnancy, prolapse of the uterus, painless diarrhea, portal engorgement with jaundice, and hemorrhoids.
What doctors recommend Podophyllum Peltatum in Homeopathy?
Dr Aadil chimthanwallay says Podophyllum, also known as May Apple works wonders in the treatment of diseases and symptoms:
- Used in the treatment of gastroenteritis: symptoms: colic, profuse stool in the early morning, pain in the stomach, bilious vomiting, the stool is watery, jelly-like mucus, irritable bowel syndrome
- Used in children having diarrhea during teething
- Used to treat various symptoms in females post-pregnancy. symptoms: pendulous abdomen, hernia specifically due to scissors, prolapse of uterus/rectum, prolapsed piles
- Used in the treatment of cirrhosis of liver with portal hypertension. symptoms: tendency to hemorrhoids (piles with blood), hypogastric pain changeable stool, jaundice, rumbling of flatus, indigestion
Dr Vikas Sharma recommends
- Podophyllum Peltatum is a well-indicated medicine for managing diarrhoea with profuse and gushing stool. The stool is watery, yellowish or greenish coloured. It has a very offensive smell. The urge to pass stool is also sudden. The stool can be frothy and have mucus in it sometimes. Along with stool gas is also passed. Gurgling in the abdomen may be felt before stool.
- Use of this medicine is considered in cases of pain in the right ovary that radiates down the thigh. The pain is shooting type. It gets worse before and during menses. A dragging sensation may also be felt in the ovarian regions.
- Podophyllum is well-indicated in cases of stool incontinence accompanying the passing of flatus. on passing flatus.
- Homeopathic Medicine for Food Poisoning with Profuse and Offensive Stool
Dr Gopi recommends Podophyllum Peltatum
Slow active purgative. Research has shown these herbs to have a strong action against cancer and they have been used with many cancers, especially Ovarian cancer.
Podophyllum Peltatum Patient Profile
Head: Fainting spells with tendency to fall forward. Headache with dull pressure, hot face and bitter taste alternating with diarrhea. Rolls the head from side to side with moaning and vomiting. Profuse perspiration on the head during sleep.
Mouth: Troubles during dentition with grinding the teeth at night and desire to press the gums together due to severe pain. Large, broad, and moist tongue with foul, putrid taste and burning sensation.
Stomach: Sour taste in the mouth with heat, nausea, and vomiting. Increased thirst for large quantities of cold water. Frequent heartburns, gagging, and retching followed by vomiting of hot, frothy mucus.
Abdomen: Distension of the abdomen with gas and sensation of heat and emptiness. Soreness over the liver region is better by rubbing. Excessive flatulence with rumbling and shifting of flatus in the bowels.
Rectum: Vomiting and diarrhea in infants and children. Chronic diarrhea early in the morning and during dentition. Painless diarrhea with green, watery, fetid, profuse, and gushing stools. Rectal prolapse before or during stools with constipation. Difficult with clay-colored and hard, dry, stools. Hemorrhoids with alternating diarrhea and constipation
Modalities: Worse early in the morning, in hot weather, and during dentition.
Dosage: Please note that the dosage of single homeopathic medicines varies from drug to drug depending upon the condition, age, sensitivity, and other things. In some cases, they are given as regular doses as 3-5 drops 2-3 times a day whereas in other cases they are given only once in a week, month, or even in a longer period. We strongly recommend that the medication should be taken as per the physician's advice.
About German Homeopathy remedies: These medicines are made and bottled in Germany. They are shipped to India and sold through authorized distributors. German brands available in India currently are Dr. Reckeweg, Schwabe Germany (WSG), and Adel (Pekana).
Podophyllum Peltatum Mother Tincture Q is available in the following German brands and Sizes
- Adel (20ml)
- Schwabe (WSG) (20ml)