German Drosera Rotundifolia Dilution 6C, 30C, 200C, 1M, 10M
Check Pincode Serviceability
Bangalore, Metro cities: 1-3 business days, South India: 4-5 business days, North India: 5-7 business days, North east: 5-12 business days
Outside India: 5-10 business days
About Drosera Rotundifolia German Homeopathy
This medicine is prepared from the plant Drosera rotundifolia commonly known as round-leaved sundew. It belongs to the family Droseraceae. In the 16th Century, it was used by physicians for skin eruptions. In the 18th Century, it was majorly used by the Germans for whooping cough and other chest disorders. The fresh plant is used to make the homeopathic tincture of this remedy.
A very characteristic feature that indicates the need for Drosera is a spasmodic cough with vomiting. There is an episode of incessant dry cough resulting in retching and vomiting. Vomiting of food, water, or mucus can be seen. The episodes are too frequent, one followed by the other, making breathing difficult and short. There can be extreme weakness followed by the episode. The cough is worse after lying down at night.
Drosera is very helpful in cases of cough variant asthma where the person complains of a feeling of constriction or heaviness in the chest. The child usually wakes up due to an episode of a spasmodic cough lasting for a few minutes and then goes to sleep. The episodes of cough variant asthma are also triggered by laughing, singing, or at times excessive talking. The medicine is also indicated in cases where there is wheezing with a cough
What do doctors recommend for Drosera Rotundifolia for in-homeopathy?
Dr Sanjay says Drosera was initially found to develop resistance power against tuberculosis, it’s a prime remedy for whooping cough in homeopathy. A crawling tingling sensation in the pit of the mouth increases the cough. Symptoms exacerbate in the evening. Also good for laryngitis. Suits patient profiles that are very suspicious, and have oppressed feelings.
Dr. Vikas says Drosera has a primary effect on the respiratory tract land addresses whooping cough, dry cough, waking up in the morning with a cough that ends in vomiting, and throat irritation. Other indications are vertigo, Cold, and pain on the right side of the face while the left side is warm, Dose: Take 10 drops of Drosera rotundifolia Q in 1/4th cup of water three times a day
Range of Benefits
- Dry, Irritative Cough - It is a suitable medicine for dry, deep, irritative cough, as also deep, hoarse, barking coughs. There may occur frequent spell attacks of cough that follow each other rapidly. Vomiting occurs with a cough in certain cases. The cough worsens from talking. In children requiring it the cough usually begins particularly at night Sometimes breathing difficulty is present with the above symptoms.
- For Difficulty in Reading - doctors prescribe this when letters appear blurred and run together during reading. There is the frequent vanishing of sight while reading. People experience farsightedness. There is a weakness of the eyes when looking at small objects
- For dust allergy accompanied by cough - Drosera is a good treatment for dust allergy accompanied by a dry, spasmodic cough which gets worse after midnight
- Laryngitis with nagging cough - dry, irritative cough with a rough, scraping sensation in the throat. The voice may be deep and hoarse, cracked and toneless, difficult in swallowing food
- Rheumatic Fever - suited to tubercular constitutions. Fever with internal chilliness, shivering, with a hot face and cold hands. There is no thirst. The bed feels too hard. Shivering when resting, on moving no shivering. Febrile rigor all over the body. There is gnawing and shooting pain in the shafts of the long bones, arms, thighs, and legs. Severe stitching pain in joints, especially ankle joints. Pain as if dislocated and with great stiffness
Drosera Rotundifolia therapeutic range of actions as per Boericke Materia Medica
Affects markedly the respiratory organs and was pointed out by Hahnemann as the principal remedy for whooping cough. Drosera can break down resistance to tubercle and should therefore be capable of raising it (Dr. Tyler). Laryngeal phthisis is benefited by it. Phthisis aluminum; vomiting of food from coughing with gastric irritation and profuse expectoration. Pains about hip-joint. Tubercular glands.
Dose-First to twelfth attenuation.
Please note that the dosage of single homeopathic medicines varies from drug to drug depending upon the condition, age, sensitivity, and other things. In some cases, they are given as regular doses as 3-5 drops 2-3 times a day whereas in other cases they are given only once in a week, month, or even in a longer period.