Check Pincode Serviceability
Bangalore, Metro cities: 1-3 business days, South India: 4-5 business days, North India: 5-7 business days, North east: 5-12 business days
Outside India: 5-10 business days
About Acidum Benzoicum Homeopathy Mother Tincture Q
Acidum Benzoicum is a colorless or white solid that is derived from gum benzoin. It is obtained from gum benzoin by the process of sublimation. It is known to be the simplest of all aromatic carboxylic acids. Its chemical formula is C6H5CO2H. It is found in nature in many plants and animals. Salts of benzoic acid are used for making food preservatives. Industrially it is used for synthesis of other organic material. It is metabolized and excreted by humans as hippuric acid.
Acidum benzoicum MT is indicated in cases where there is some derangement of the urinary organs, that gives rise to symptoms of a uric acid diathesis. The urine is of a deep red color, and has a strong odour, reminding one of horse urine. The odour and colour of the urine is characteristic and is nearly always present when this remedy is indicated. It is an important remedy in cases of renal insufficiency, when there is a catarrhal condition of the pharynx; also cases of bacteriuria and oxaluria, when the condition of the urine is present that demands it. It is also reported to be useful in bronchitis, asthma, or pneumonia, that may accompany a rheumatic fever. Also useful in gout, with involvement of heart, when there is violent palpitation of the heart and pulsation of the arteries.
What are the various Acidum Benzoicum uses in homeopathy?
There are various uses and benefits of Acidum Benzoicum in homeopathy. It is used to treat conditions like asthma, enuresis, ailments of urinary bladder, affections of joints such as gout, knee pain, and wrist ganglion, gonorrhea, enlarged tonsils, tumors of eyes, Menier’s disease, and ulcers of the throat and tongue.
What are the characteristic features of Acidum Benzoicum that indicate its prescription in homeopathy?
There are many characteristic symptoms of Benzoicum acidum. These are as follows:-
Presence of concomitant symptoms of strong-smelling urine along with any pathology is strongly indicative of Acidum Benzoicum. The urine is strong smelling like ammoniac or horse’s urine and generally dark brown. It is often used in the treatment of enuresis nocturna in old men and children, bunion of great toe, ganglion of wrist, etc based on this concomitant symptom.
- Sudden change in the locality of pains which are otherwise mostly felt in the region of heart. Symptoms tend to appear left side first then move to the right side.
- Benzoic acid patient is found to be inclined to dwell on the unpleasant matter. For example, if he sees anyone who is deformed it makes him shudder.
- In diarrhea, the stools are light-colored, watery, and very offensive. It is commonly found in children. The stools look like soapsuds and are associated with strong-smelling urine usually. There may be shivering before stools.
- The cough in Benzoic acid is dry, long-continued, and results from suppression of gonorrhea.
- The tongue in Benzoic acid is spongy on the surface along with spreading ulcers and deep cracks.
What doctors recommend Acidum Benzoicum (Benzoic Acid) for?
Dr KS Gopi recommends
- Benzoic acid 30 is an excellent remedy for osteoarthritis of finger joints with cracking sounds on moving the fingers. Painful nodes are seen on finger joints. The urine is hot, dark brown, offensive, similar to horse’s urine.
- Benzoic Acid 30 for excess of uric acid in urine. Pain suddenly change their locality. Rheumatism & gout. The color of urine may also keep changing from dark brown to pale yellow and smells like urine of a horse. Benzoic acid may also be indicated when there are joint complaints as well. There may be a crackling sensation in the joints
- Benzoic Acid 30 when the urinary symptoms are more marked. The uric acid crystals may be deposited in the kidneys or the urinary tract giving rise to kidney stones.
Dr Vikas Sharma recommends
- Benzoic Acid for Pain in right Knee with swelling cracking in the knee joint is also felt. Sometimes coldness is felt in the knees. For using it the knee pain is mostly drawing type
- Benzoic Acid when pain worsens from Walking. The knee pain begins from slightest body weight being put on the heel while walking in such cases.
- Benzoic Acid for swelling due to Gout, Benzoic Acid can be used as a remedy in cases of swelling in the wrist, elbow, knee, and great toe. The joints are also markedly red and painful. These symptoms tend to worsen during the night.
- Top remedy for treating bunions with acute swelling and pain. The person has marked swelling and redness over the big toe, with severe pain
- The two highly effective medicines for wrist pain in ganglion cyst are Silicea and Benzoic Acid
- Benzoic Acid is a medicine used to treat bedwetting in cases where the urine has a foul, offensive smell.
Dr Kirti Vikram recommends
Acid benzoic as effective for reducing Uric Acid pain and swelling & Gout. how to use Homeopathic medicine Acid Benzoicum Dilution; 30CH 2 drop 2 times a day
What are the factors that increase or decrease the sufferings of Acidum Benzoicum?
- Most symptoms in Benzoic acid are aggravated by motion. However, toothache and headache in Acidum Benzoicum are aggravated by lying down and at rest respectively.
- Benzoic acid is chilly medicine. Most of its symptoms get increased on exposure to open air and by uncovering and are better by heat.
- The throat symptoms of Benzoic acid, such as a sensation of a lump in the pit of throat, get better by eating.
Acidum Benzoicum Homeopathy Mother Tincture therapeutic range of actions as per Boericke Materia Medica
The most marked characteristic pertains to the odor and color of the urine. It has a marked action on metabolism. It produces and cures symptoms of a uric acid diathesis, with urine highly colored and very offensive, and gouty symptoms. Renal insufficiency. Child wants to be nursed in the arms, will not be laid down. Pains suddenly change their locality. Anti-sycotic. Gouty and asthmatic.
Mind.--Prone to dwell on unpleasant things in the past. Omits words in writing. Depression.
Head.--Vertigo inclination to fall sideways. Throbbing in temporal arteries, causes puffing around ears. Noises when swallowing. Ulceration of tongue. Swelling behind ears (Caps). Cold sweat on forehead. Pricking, puckered constriction of mouth, bluish and bleeding gums. Wens.
Nose.--Itching of septum. Pain in nasal bones.
Face.--Copper-colored spots. Red, with little blisters. Circumscribed redness of cheeks.
Stomach.--Sweat while eating; pressure in stomach, sensation of a lump.
Abdomen.--Cutting about navel. Stitching in liver region.
Rectum.--Stitches and constricted feeling. Puckering constriction of rectum. Itching and watery elevations around anus.
Stool.--Frothy, offensive, liquid, light-colored, like soapsuds, bowel movements, mostly windy.
Urine.--Repulsive odor; changeable color; brown, acid. Enuresis; dribbling, offensive urine of old men. Excess of uric acid. Vesical catarrh from suppressed gonorrhoea. Cystitis.
Respiratory.--Hoarse in morning. Asthmatic cough; worse at night; lying on right side. Chest very tender. Pain in region of heart. Expectoration, green mucus.
Back.--Pressure on spinal column. Coldness in sacrum. Dull pain in region of kidneys; worse, wine.
Extremities.--Joints crack on motion. Tearing with stitches. Pain in tendo Achillis. Rheumatic gout; nodes very painful. Gouty deposits. Ganglion; swelling of the wrist. Pain and swelling in knees. Bunion of great toe. Tearing pain in great toe.
Fever.--Cold hands, feet, back, knees. Chilliness; cold sweat. Internal heat on awakening.
Skin.--Red spots. Itching in spots.
Modalities.--Worse, in open air; by uncovering.
Relationship.--Useful after Colchic fails in gout; after Copavia in gonorrhoea.
Compare: Nitric acid; Ammon benz; Sabina; Tropoeolum.
Garden Nasturtium--(fetid urine).
Dose.--Third to sixth potency.
Acidum Benzoicum homeopathic remedy has limited but characteristic effects on human body. It is a medicine for uric acid diathesis. It is best suited when any pathology is characteristically associated with offensive urine as if horse’s urine. Based on this it has been successfully used to treat bunion of great toe, ganglion of wrist joint, prolapsed uterus, and enuresis in children and old men.
Acidum Benzoicum Homeopathy Mother Tincture is available in SBL, Schwabe, Others (Homeomart, Hahnemann, Similia, Medisynth). When you choose 'Others' one of the 3 brands medicine will be sent subject to availability of these brands. All sealed units.