Check Pincode Serviceability
Bangalore, Metro cities: 1-3 business days, South India: 4-5 business days, North India: 5-7 business days, North east: 5-12 business days
Outside India: 5-10 business days
About German Drosera Rotundifolia Homeopathy Dilution
This medicine is prepared from the plant Drosera rotundifolia commonly known as round-leaved sundew. It belongs to the family Droseraceae. In the 16th Century, it was used by physicians for skin eruptions. In the 18th Century, it was majorly used by the Germans for whooping cough and other chest disorders. The fresh plant is used to make the homeopathic tincture of this remedy.
- Hoarseness, chest affections, cough, black pores on chest and shoulder indicates Drosera.
- Exhaustion, cramps run through all the complaints of Drosera.
- Spasms, prolonged sleeplessness, complaints come on in the night.
- Cramping constriction runs all through the remedy, burning sensation in the chest, stitching pains in the chest.
- Cough after eating and drinking cold things with convulsions and emaciation. Face hot, with cold hands.
- Frequent spells of barking cough, worse evening and after midnight is a characteristic of Drosera.
A very characteristic feature that indicates the need for Drosera is a spasmodic cough with vomiting. There is an episode of incessant dry cough resulting in retching and vomiting. Vomiting of food, water, or mucus can be seen. The episodes are too frequent, one followed by the other, making breathing difficult and short. There can be extreme weakness followed by the episode. The cough is worse after lying down at night.
Drosera is very helpful in cases of cough variant asthma where the person complains of a feeling of constriction or heaviness in the chest. The child usually wakes up due to an episode of a spasmodic cough lasting for a few minutes and then goes to sleep. The episodes of cough variant asthma are also triggered by laughing, singing, or at times excessive talking. The medicine is also indicated in cases where there is wheezing with a cough
What do doctors recommend for Drosera Rotundifolia for in-homeopathy?
Dr Sanjay says Drosera was initially found to develop resistance power against tuberculosis, it’s a prime remedy for whooping cough in homeopathy. A crawling tingling sensation in the pit of the mouth increases the cough. Symptoms exacerbate in the evening. Also good for laryngitis. Suits patient profiles that are very suspicious, and have oppressed feelings.
Dr. Vikas says Drosera has a primary effect on the respiratory tract land addresses whooping cough, dry cough, waking up in the morning with a cough that ends in vomiting, and throat irritation. Other indications are vertigo, Cold, and pain on the right side of the face while the left side is warm, Dose: Take 10 drops of Drosera rotundifolia Q in 1/4th cup of water three times a day
Range of Benefits
- Dry, Irritative Cough - It is a suitable medicine for dry, deep, irritative cough, as also deep, hoarse, barking coughs. There may occur frequent spell attacks of cough that follow each other rapidly. Vomiting occurs with a cough in certain cases. The cough worsens from talking. In children requiring it the cough usually begins particularly at night Sometimes breathing difficulty is present with the above symptoms.
- For Difficulty in Reading - doctors prescribe this when letters appear blurred and run together during reading. There is the frequent vanishing of sight while reading. People experience farsightedness. There is a weakness of the eyes when looking at small objects
- For dust allergy accompanied by cough - Drosera is a good treatment for dust allergy accompanied by a dry, spasmodic cough which gets worse after midnight
- Laryngitis with nagging cough - dry, irritative cough with a rough, scraping sensation in the throat. The voice may be deep and hoarse, cracked and toneless, difficult in swallowing food
- Rheumatic Fever - suited to tubercular constitutions. Fever with internal chilliness, shivering, with a hot face and cold hands. There is no thirst. The bed feels too hard. Shivering when resting, on moving no shivering. Febrile rigor all over the body. There is gnawing and shooting pain in the shafts of the long bones, arms, thighs, and legs. Severe stitching pain in joints, especially ankle joints. Pain as if dislocated and with great stiffness
Drosera Rotundifolia therapeutic range of actions as per Boericke Materia Medica
Affects markedly the respiratory organs and was pointed out by Hahnemann as the principal remedy for whooping cough. Drosera can break down resistance to tubercle and should therefore be capable of raising it (Dr. Tyler). Laryngeal phthisis is benefited by it. Phthisis aluminum; vomiting of food from coughing with gastric irritation and profuse expectoration. Pains about hip-joint. Tubercular glands.
Mind and Head
Confusion of mind and much dizziness, angry at trifles with difficult concentration.
Lancinating pains in the head, and must support the head with the hands. Pressive, congestive head aches.
Vertigo when walking in open air, with inclination to fall to the left side is relieved with Drosera.
Eyes, ear, nose
Stitching pain in the eyes. Noises in the ears, roaring, humming and drumming. Earache in children. Stitching pain in the ears.
Sensitive to sour odors, painful sneezing and bleeding, from coughing, stooping indicates Drosera.
Motion of eye worse head pains.
Mouth and Throat
Sensation of dryness in the throat
Constriction of the throat, of the larynx and constriction of the esophagus preventing swallowing indicates Drosera.
Burning and scraping, stitching pains in the throat is resolved with Drosera.
Drosera is indicated for Hoarseness and continued irritation, coughing and continued irritation and scraping of the larynx.
It is a very useful remedy in chronic bronchitis with spasmodic cough on lying down.
Talking, singing, laughing, weeping aggravates the complaints of cough, pain in the throat.
Stomach and abdomen
Drosera is indicated for vomiting of food from coughing with gastric irritation and profuse expectoration.
Aversion to and bad effects from acids indicates Drosera.
Shootings and beatings in the pit of the stomach.
Constricting pains in the sides of the abdomen and stomach On lying down indicates Drosera.
Stool and Anus
Cutting pains, after the stool, pain in abdomen and small of the back indicates Drosera.
Frequent want to make water, with scanty emission,
Pains like those of childbirth, spasmodic pains in the abdomen during menses with white discharge.
Neck and Back
Pains about hip-joint, Laming pain in right hip joint and thigh with pain in ankle is an indication for Drosera.
Fingers contract spasmodically with rigidity when grasping anything indicates Drosera.
Pressing pains, worse from pressure, from stooping, from lying on painful part, better after rising from bed.
Stiffness in joints of feet. All limbs feel lame. Bed feels too hard.
Cramps in the extremities with the cough. Spasms of fingers when coughing.
Coldness in the hands and feet and blueness of the extremities indicates Drosera.
Difficult breathing and suffocating sensation.
Cough becomes so violent that the patient goes into convulsions indicates Drosera.
Cough with expectoration of bright red or black clotted blood.
Severe attacks of stitching in the chest when sneezing or coughing.
Violent cough, hold chest with the hand when coughing indicates Drosera.
Black pores in the chin.
Dose-First to twelfth attenuation.
Please note that the dosage of single homeopathic medicines varies from drug to drug depending upon the condition, age, sensitivity, and other things. In some cases, they are given as regular doses as 3-5 drops 2-3 times a day whereas in other cases they are given only once in a week, month, or even in a longer period.