Check Pincode Serviceability
Bangalore, Metro cities: 1-3 business days, South India: 4-5 business days, North India: 5-7 business days, North east: 5-12 business days
Outside India: 5-10 business days
Schwabe Alpha-CC Tablet is indicated for Acute and chronic cough, catarrhal influenza (dry cough stage, as well as expectoration stage), irritative and spasmodic cough.
Cold is infective origin where musous membrane of nose and nasopharynx are involved. It is associated with sneezing and profuse watery discharge. simple exposure to cold may give rise to febrile conditions, headache and initial otitis. Descending of the infection lead to involvement of other organs like bronchitis. Cough developed may be of different types. Cough as a result of reflex action is due to irritation in any part of respiratory mucous membrane. It may be dry, loose and spasmodic. Dry cough is due to affections of the throat, larygitis and bronchitis. It could be of nervous origin. Loose cough is seen in the expectoration stage of bronchitis. Spasmodic cough can be due to allergic disorders or seen in whooping cough.
contains Bryonia albe 2x 25 mg, Drosera rotundifolia 2x 25 mg, Eucalyptus globulus 2x 25mg, Ipecacuanha 3x 25 mg, Antimonium sulphuratum aureum 3x 25 mg, Excipients Q.S. to make 250 mg.
Mode of Action of individual ingredients:
- Bryonia alba: it acts on pharyngolaryngitis and dry bronchitis. It covers cough mostly dry, excited by a tickling in the throat, must sit up stitches in chest and expectoration of rust- coloured sputa sometimes with vomiting worse after eating or drinking. It covers difficult, quick respiration, worse every movement, must support chest.
- Drosera rotundifolia: It covers dry but spasmodic irritative in larynx on lying, sensation as if there is a soft body, such as feather in the larynx with dryness or roughness and scraping in the bottom of the gullent, with inclination of cough hoarseness cough worse at night and in evening, immediately after lying down and whooping cough worse after midnight. Indicated for bronchitis, bronchial asthma and whooping cough.
- Eucalyptus globulus: It is used in cases of bronchitis in old and feeble persons with anemia. Indicated for bronchorrhoea, irritative cough with thick, white, frothy, offensive mucus whooping cough in rachitic children and bronchitis and emphysema.
- Ipecacuanha: It is indicated in bronchitis, spasmodic cough, dry, shaking with fits of suffocation, stiffness of the body and bluish face. It is excited by a contractive tickling sensation extending from upper part of larynx to lowest part of bronchial tubes. The symptoms aggravate on walking in cold air, on retiting, in morning and at night and on taking a deep breath, cough with retching and vomiting without nausea & ratting noise in the bronchial tubes when drawing breath.
- Antimonium Sulphutatum aureum: It is useful for dry hard cough, winter cough, accumulation of tough mucus in bronchi and larynx, increased mucus sputum, mixed with blood and of sweetish taste, and congestion of upper lobe of the lung.
|Dosage||Unless otherwise prescribed by the physician at the beginning of the complaints, take 1 to 2 tablets of Schwabe Alpha CC Tablet hourly, and once the acute complaints start to subside, take 1 tablet 3 times daily. Children are receive half of the adult dose. If complaints are nor relieved, consult a specialist.|
|Contra-indications||No contra-indications for the use of Alpha-cc are known.|
|Side effects||No side effects of Alpha CC are known.|
|Manufacturer||Dr.Willmar Schwabe india Pvt.Ltd|
|Form||Tablet, 40 tablets in blister pack of 4*10|