Asafoetida 2 Dram Pills 6C, 30C, 200C, 1M, 10M
Check Pincode Serviceability
Bangalore, Metro cities: 1-3 business days, South India: 4-5 business days, North India: 5-7 business days, North east: 5-12 business days
Outside India: 5-10 business days
About Asafoetida Homeopathy Medicated Pills
This medicine is prepared from gum resin of the living root of plant Stinkasand. This plant belongs to the family umbelliferae.
Asafoetida is a homeopathic solution to treat several ailments. It is primarily used to treat conditions of excessive flatulence with severe pain in the stomach.
Biological source: Asafoetida is an oleo-gum-resin obtained by incision from the living rhizome and root of Ferula foetida Regel. The drug is collected in Iran, Pakistan and Afghanistan.
Collection and preparation. The collection of asafoetida involves removal of the stem and the cutting of successive slices from the vertical rootstock. After each slice is removed, oleo-gum-resin exudes and, when sufficiently hardened, is collected.
Constituents. Asafoetida consists of volatile oil, resin, gum and impurities. The oil has a particularly evil smell and contains sulphur compounds. The flavor is largely due to R-2-butyl-1-propenyl disulphide (a mixture of E and Z isomers). The drug contains no free umbelliferone (distinction from galbanum). Resin contain asaresinotannol and in the form of ester with ferulic acid.
Uses. Asafoetida is employed for the carminative and expectorant properties of the volatile oil fraction. It is an ingredient of certain sauces.
- Reduces pain in the eyes
- reestablish milk flow (Galacatogogue)
- helps improve digestion
- bone pains
- IBS (irritable bowel syndrome)
- Gas and Acidity
- hysterical and hypochondriacal patients
Inactive ingredients: Sucrose
- Pure Cane Globules
- Medicated from German Dilutions
- Packed in Sterile Glass vials that are odour free, neutral, strong and damage resistant.
- Why Glass containers for Homeopathy Medicine?: Plastic containers are reactive and leach into the substances stored into them. Due to this property of plastics, the U.S. F.D.A. had classified plastics as “Indirect Additives” i.e., though they are not directly added to the substance stored in them, they definitely seep into the contained substances. Also homeopathy tinctures use alcohol which is a good solvent. When plastics is exposed to medicines, the alcohol is bound to dissolve some of the numerous chemicals in the plastic and that in turn is bound to distort the structure and action of the active ingredients present in our medicines. There is no such problem with Glass container and hence recommended.
Adult and children 2 years of age and older: Dissolve 4 pills under the tongue 3 times a day until relieved or as directed by a physician.