Check Pincode Serviceability
Bangalore, Metro cities: 1-3 business days, South India: 4-5 business days, North India: 5-7 business days, North east: 5-12 business days
Outside India: 5-10 business days
About Hyoscyamus Niger Mother Tincture Q
Common name - Henbane
This medicine is prepared from plant Hyoscyamus niger commonly known as Henbane. This plant belongs to family solanaceae.
Sphere of action - nervous system, sensorium, muscular system, mucous membrane & skin
Hyoscyamus Niger, commonly known as henbane, is a well-known plant in both traditional herbal medicine and homeopathy. It has a rich history and a variety of uses and precautions. Here's a brief overview:
- Source: Hyoscyamus Niger is a flowering plant in the nightshade family, native to Europe, Asia, and North Africa. It's characterized by its unpleasant odor, sticky leaves, and funnel-shaped, dull yellow flowers with purplish veins.
- Also Known As: Commonly referred to as henbane, it's also known by other names such as black henbane or stinking nightshade.
- Clinical Indications: In homeopathy, Hyoscyamus Niger is used to treat a variety of neurological and psychological conditions. It's often indicated for patients with extreme restlessness, nervous agitation, and symptoms of hysteria. It's also used for conditions involving spasms, like cough or twitching, and for certain types of pain, especially when there's a nervous component.
- Materia Medica Information: The homeopathic materia medica describes Hyoscyamus Niger as a remedy for individuals who exhibit behavioral issues like jealousy, suspicion, and inappropriate behavior. It's also noted for its use in treating sleep disorders, particularly in children and the elderly, where there is nervous excitement.
- Side Effects: As a plant, Hyoscyamus Niger is highly toxic due to its content of tropane alkaloids, which can cause severe poisoning. Symptoms of toxicity include dilated pupils, restlessness, hallucinations, convulsions, and in severe cases, coma or death. In homeopathy, however, the substance is used in such diluted forms that it is unlikely to cause these severe toxic effects. Nonetheless, it should be used under the guidance of a qualified practitioner, and self-medication should be avoided.
What Doctors recommend Hyoscyamus Niger for?
Dr Vikas Sharma prescribes Hyoscyamus for
- Marked Physical Restlessness
It is considered in cases where marked physical restlessness is there. Person needing it moves from one place to another. Along with this he is constantly muttering or talking. The talk is incoherent. The face is red with a wild staring look. Sometimes the jerking of the limbs is there. Delirium from pain is highly indicative of its use.
- For Delusion Of Being Poisoned
This medicine is well indicated for persons having delusions of being poisoned. They are very suspicious and fear to eat or drink for fear of being poisoned. They also have delusions of being betrayed, being sold or having some plot against them.
- When Fits Starts with Twitchings of Muscles of Face
It is useful for cases where fits begins with twitchings of muscles of face. In children needing it there may be jerking in the body which is wandering. At one time there is jerking of feet and at other times, the arms. Staring eyes, clenching of teeth and foaming at the mouth are some accompanying symptoms.
- For Facial Twitches with Grimaces (ugly or contorted expressions)
seems to help cases of facial twitches with grimaces (ugly or contorted expressions). with this there may be shaking of tongue in a to and fro movement. There is also a tendency to bite tongue when talking.
Dr K S Gopi prescribes Hyoscyamus Niger 30 for nervous, irritable and excitable persons. Hyoscyamus is one of the best remedies for tics where the person making grimaces and ridiculous gestures. Muscles twitch when protruding the tongue. The person constantly stares at surrounding objects. Hyoscyamus persons are erotic, expose genitals, makes obscene gestures, sings amorous songs
Dr. Aadil Chimthanwalla prescribes Hyoscyamus Niger Delirious states where affected person exhibits deep suspicion . Also well indicated in Hydrocephalus , Meningitis, Encephalitis
Hyoscyamus Niger Homeopathy therapeutic range of actions as per Boericke Materia Medica
Disturbs the nervous system profoundly. It is as if some diabolical force took possession of the brain and prevented its functions. It causes a perfect picture of mania of a quarrelsome and obscene character. Inclined to be unseemly and immodest in acts, gestures and expressions. Very talkative, and persists in stripping herself, or uncovering genitals. Is jealous, afraid of being poisoned, etc. Its symptoms also point to weakness and nervous agitation; hence typhoid and other infections with coma vigil. Tremulous weakness and twitching of tendons. Subsultus tendinum. Muscular twitchings, spasmodic affections, generally with delirium. Non-inflammatory cerebral activity. Toxic gastritis.
Dose-Sixth, to 200th potency.
Please note that the dosage of single homeopathic medicines varies from drug to drug depending upon the condition, age, sensitivity and other things. In some cases they are given as regular doses as 3-5 drops 2-3 times a day whereas in other cases they are given only once in a week, month or even in a longer period.
Hyoscyamus Niger Homeopathy Mother Tincture is available in SBL, Schwabe, Others (Homeomart, Hahnemann, Similia, Medisynth). When you choose 'Others' one of the 3 brands medicine will be sent subject to availability of these brands. All sealed units.