Check Pincode Serviceability
Bangalore, Metro cities: 1-3 business days, South India: 4-5 business days, North India: 5-7 business days, North east: 5-12 business days
Outside India: 5-10 business days
About Schwabe Alpha Tons tablets
For prompt relief and effective relief from acute & chronic tonsillitis
- Provides prompt relief from inflammation of the tonsils
- It also takes care of pulsating pain and reduces swelling
- Relieves shooting pain in the throat and difficulty in swallowing
- Lowers offensive discharge from the mouth
- Relieves stiffness of muscles of the throat
- Stimulates the healing process.
Schwabe Alpha-Tons tablet is a proven medicine for symptoms associated with tonsils. In children, acute inflammation of the tonsils is a very common painful condition that should not be neglected as it can cause serious complications like rheumatism (inflammation and pain in the joints, muscles, or fibrous tissue) and glomerulonephritis (acute inflammation of the kidney). In acute tonsillitis, there can be general inflammation of the pharynx and tonsils become swollen and red or become filled with pus. The pain may sometimes radiate to the ears. The condition starts with a sore throat and swallowing becomes difficult along with malaise (feeling of discomfort, illness), headache, fever, and pain in limbs. Chronic tonsillitis occurs when there are repeated acute attacks. Tonsils work as the first line of defense against infections that enter the body either by the digestive or respiratory tracts. In chronic tonsillitis, the inflammation may spread to the surrounding organs.
Tip: Dr advises homeopathy remedies for tonsillitis
Each Tablet of 250Mg Schwabe Alpha-Tons tablet contains Atropinum Sulphuricum 5x 12.5 Mg, Hepar Sulphuris 3x 10.0 Mg; Kalium Bichromicum 4x 50.0Mg; Mercurius Biniodatus 8x 25.0 Mg; Silicea 2x 5.0 Mg; Excipients Q.S. To Make 250Mg.
How does the ingredient in Schwabe Alpha-Tons tablets work?
The key properties in Schwabe Alpha-Tons tablet are indicated medicine for Tonsils and derived from the following ingredients
- Atropinum sulphuricum-it relieves inflammation and reduces pain. It also improves circulation and treats pulsating pain, warm swelling, redness and dry throat.
- Hepar sulphuris-it treats sore throat, shooting pain in throat, and even radiating to the ears as from splinters on coughing, swallowing, turning head and breathing. It is also indicated to reduce difficulty in swallowing and speaking. Dryness and hawking up of mucucs in throat are also alleviated.
- Kalium bichromicum- treats erythema (superficial reddening of the skin) of soft palate, dark red or bright along with the sensation of plug in the throat. It is also indicated to reduce the discharge from throat and mouth that tends to tough. It also treats chronic tonsillitis and sinusitis (inflammation of a nasal sinus).
- Mercurius biniodatus-it treats quinsy (inflammation of the throat), follicular tonsils, painful swallowing, green lumps, stiffness of muscles of neck and throat etc.
- Silicea- it treats sore throat along with the mucus accumulation of mucus in throat, severe tonsillitis etc. It is also indicated to treat expectoration (eject from the throat) of little granules shot that when broken smell offensive.
|Unless otherwise prescribed by the physician, 1 to 2 tablets of Alpha-Tons every hour in acute conditions. As the symptoms improve, 1 to 2 tablets every 3 hourly. If symptoms do not improve, see your physician.
|No Interactions between Alpha-Tons and other products are known.
|Dr.Willmar Schwabe india Pvt.Ltd
|Tablets, 40 Tablets in Blister Pack of 4*10
|No side effects are known of Alpha-Tons tablets.
|No contra-indications are known for the use of Alpha-Tons tablets.
Dr.Bakshi B6 Inflammation Drops for Tonsillitis, Sinusitis