Check Pincode Serviceability
Bangalore, Metro cities: 1-3 business days, South India: 4-5 business days, North India: 5-7 business days, North east: 5-12 business days
Outside India: 5-10 business days
About Lactuca Virosa
Other Name: Wild lettuce, bitter lettuce, laitue vireuse,opium lettuce
Common Name: Common lettuce, Acrid Lettuce
Lactuca Virosa, commonly known as wild lettuce, is a plant used in traditional herbal medicine and homeopathy. Here's a brief overview of its various aspects:
- Source: Lactuca Virosa is a biennial plant, part of the lettuce family, and it's native to parts of Europe and North America. It's characterized by tall stems, yellow flowers, and a milky sap.
- Also Known As: Commonly referred to as wild lettuce, it is also known by other names such as bitter lettuce, opium lettuce, and poison lettuce.
- Clinical Indications: In homeopathy, Lactuca Virosa is used to treat a variety of conditions. It's often indicated for issues related to the nervous system, such as insomnia, anxiety, and restlessness. It is also used for respiratory problems like cough and asthma, and for pain relief, especially in cases of muscular or joint pain.
- Materia Medica Information: The homeopathic materia medica describes Lactuca Virosa as a remedy for conditions involving the nervous and respiratory systems. It is said to have sedative properties, making it useful in treating insomnia and restlessness. Additionally, it is noted for its use in alleviating coughs and for its analgesic effects in cases of physical pain.
- Side Effects: As a plant, Lactuca Virosa can be mildly toxic. Its sap contains compounds that can cause symptoms like dizziness, nausea, and increased heart rate if consumed in large amounts. However, in homeopathy, the substance is used in highly diluted forms, which are generally considered safe and unlikely to cause these severe effects. Nonetheless, it should always be used under the guidance of a qualified practitioner, especially when treating complex conditions.
Causes & Symptoms for Lactuca Virosa
- Headache, with affections of respiratory organs. Vertigo with heaviness of the lower limbs.
- It is said to promotes lactation with effective results.
- Sense of lightness and Tightness affecting whole body.
- Constant tickling cough, with difficult and suffocative breathing.
Mind and Head
Sadness with exaggerated fancies. Vertigo with great restlessness.
Heaviness in the occiput with pressure, sleeplessness, coldness, and tremor.
Mouth and Throat
Heat of the face, with trembling of the lips, and sensation as if they were swollen.
Twitching in the lips. Increased flow of saliva indicates this remedy.
Stomach and abdomen
Colic in early morning, abdomen tense, relieved somewhat by evacuation and passing of wind.
Pinching in the umbilical region, increased by crossing the legs.
Stool and Anus
Dry, hard, knotty, difficult stool is relieved with Lactuca Virosa.
Burning at the orifice of the urethra.
Coldness and numbness of feet and legs.Cramps in shin bones, extending to toes and side of leg involving calves.
The medicine has pain-relieving properties. Trembling of the hands.
It relieves the swelling of the whole body with asthmatic complaints.
Cough from tickling in the throat, with a feeling of tightness in the chest.
Heaviness on the chest with tightness of breathing.
Side effects of Lactuca Virosa
There are no such side effects. But every medicine should be taken following the rules as given.
It is safe to take the medicine even if you are on other mode of medication like allopathy medicines, ayurvedic etc.
Homeopathic medicines never interfere with the action of other medicines.
Dosage and rules while taking Lactuca Virosa
Take 5 drops in half cup of water three times a day.
You can also medicate the globules and take 3 times a day or as prescribed by the physician.
We recommend you to take under physicians guidance.
Precautions while taking Lactuca Virosa
Always keep a gap of 15 minutes before or after meals when you take medicine.
If pregnant or breastfeeding, ask a homeopathic practitioner before use.
Avoid eating tobacco or drinking alcohol during the course of medication.
Lactuca (Lactuca Virosa) as per Homeopathy Materia Medica
This remedy acts principally upon the brain and circulatory system. Delirium tremens with sleeplessness, coldness, and tremor. Hydrothorax and ascites. Impotence. Sense of lightness and tightness affecting whole body, especially chest. Seems to be a true galactogogue. Marked action on extremities.
Mind.--Stupefaction of sense. Great restlessness.
Head.--Dull, heavy, confused, dizzy. Heat of face and headache, with general coldness. Headache, with affections of respiratory organs.
Abdomen.--Sensation of weight, of fullness; borborygmi; abundant emission of wind. Colic in early morning, abdomen tense, relieved somewhat by evacuation and passing of wind.
Chest.--Difficult breathing. Suffocative breathing from dropsy of the chest. Constant tickling cough. Incessant, spasmodic cough, as if chest would fly to pieces. Squeezing sensation in lower chest.
Female.--Promotes catamenia. Increase of milk in breasts (Asafoet).
Lactuca (Lactuca Virosa) Homeopathy Dilution is available in SBL, Schwabe, Others (Homeomart, Hahnemann, Similia, Medisynth). When you choose 'Others' one of the 3 brands medicine will be sent subject to availability of these brands. All sealed units.