Check Pincode Serviceability
Bangalore, Metro cities: 1-3 business days, South India: 4-5 business days, North India: 5-7 business days, North east: 5-12 business days
Outside India: 5-10 business days
Leukorrhea (Leucorrhoea) is a thick, whitish or yellowish vaginal discharge in women make occur due to fungal or yeast infection, estrogen imbalance, STD etc. Such discharges may originate from the vagina, ovaries, fallopian tubes, or, most commonly, the cervix.
It is medically also known as fluor albus
A female should identify different types of vaginal discharges and know which discharge is harmful and indicates an underlying health condition.
What is abnormal vaginal discharge? A bit of white discharge, especially at the beginning or end of your menstrual cycle, is normal. However, if the discharge is accompanied by itching and has a thick, cottage cheese-like consistency or appearance, it's not normal and needs treatment. This type of discharge may be a sign of a yeast infection.
Increased vaginal discharge can be caused by normal menstrual cycle changes, vaginal infection, or cancer (rare). If a woman has more than her usual amount of vaginal discharge, she may need to see her healthcare provider. If a woman has discharge plus itching or burning near the vagina, she may have vaginitis.
Leucorrhoea medicines in homeopathy by indications
In homeopathy, leucorrhoea, which is a condition characterized by a white or yellowish vaginal discharge, is treated based on individual symptoms and the totality of the patient's health. Homeopathic remedies aim to address the underlying cause of the condition and stimulate the body's natural healing response. It's important to consult a qualified homeopathic practitioner for a proper diagnosis and personalized treatment plan. Here are some common homeopathic remedies used for leucorrhoea:
- Sepia 30: This remedy is often prescribed when the discharge is yellowish-green, offensive, and leaves stains on clothing. teh colour usually signals a bacterial or sexually transmitted infection. It is suitable for women with a weak, sagging feeling in the pelvic region and a tendency to feel exhausted and indifferent. Leucorrhea mainly in women at the menopause age with excessive hot flushes, perspiration and weakness. After menopause, many women have an abnormal discharge because the decrease in estrogen levels causes the vagina to thin and become drier.
- Kreosotum 200: It is indicated when the discharge is acrid, excoriating, and produces burning and itching. The discharge is with yellow stain and foul odor. This condition is worse between periods because cervical fluid discharge increases during the days leading up to ovulation and decreases after ovulation. Also estrogen levels increase closer to ovulation
- Pulsatilla 30: Leucorrhea in young girls reaching puberty, discharge is thick, creamy, and bland with abdominal pain. The patient may experience a change in symptoms with weeping tendencies and desires open air and cool surroundings.
- Borax 3x: It is prescribed when the discharge is clear, slimy, and profuse, often resembling the white of an egg with sensation if warm water were flowing. Super fertile cervical mucus appears like raw egg whites, wet, stretchy and slippery and occurs when ovulation nears. It also appears white due to thrush. Severe headache & spinal pain accompany it. The discharge is usually accompanied by itching and burning in the vaginal region.
- Alumina 30: This remedy is suitable when the discharge is transparent, acrid, and highly irritating. The discharge may be worse before and after menstruation. There is severe burning, itching in genitals, better by washing the parts with cold water. This is usually due to vaginal infection and the pain feels like bladder infection. Constipation is also seen.
- Hydrastis 30: It is indicated when the discharge is thick yellow and ropy and hangs down in long strings. Vaginal discharge may range from watery and sticky to gooey, thick and pasty that may appear hanging like a thread. The patient has weakness and feel chilly, and may have liver complaints
Natrum Muriaticum 30: This remedy is prescribed when the discharge is watery, acrid, and occurs between periods. Patient is anemic and crave for salty things in excess. Leucorrhea is not any disease but a symptom of medical condition like anemia, or diabetes. Loss of iron in blood can lead to Increased secretion of estrogen triggering leucorrhoea.
Contractive pains in abdomen and headache usually accompany Leucorrhea.
- Ova tosta 3x is a specific remedy for leucorrhoea. It is prescribed when leucorrhoea occurs with backache. Sensation that the spine is broken and tied together. Abdominal or lower back pain appearing with leucorrhoea is common
- Abroma augusta 30 is effective for leucorrhoea in diabetic ladies .The discharge is thick and whitish and menses is painful. High blood sugar levels in uncontrolled type 2 diabetes can make yeast infections more likely causing leucorrhoea
Remember that homeopathic remedies are prescribed based on individual symptoms and the unique characteristics of the person, so the same remedy may not be suitable for everyone with leucorrhoea. Proper consultation with a trained homeopath is crucial to get the most effective and safe treatment. It's also important to seek medical advice if you are experiencing leucorrhoea to rule out any underlying infections or serious health issues.
What homeopathic doctors advise for Leucorrhoea, Leukorrhea treatment?
Dr Kirti Singh recommends a combination of tablets and drops for leucorrhoea treatment in homeopathy. Watch his You Tube video titled "homeopathic medicine for leucorrhoea or leukorrhea! explain??"
- Pelvi Aid tab 2 tab three times a day. This homeopathic speciality tablet is effective in white Discharges which may be Acrid/Thick accompanied by Itching. It regulates Irregular menses. Contains Alumina 6Ch, Borax 6Ch, Sepia 6Ch, Kreosotum 6x, Pulsatilla nigricans 6x,
- Kreosotum 30 2 drop three times a day. Refer above.
- Borax 30 2 drop three times a day. Refer above
Disclaimer: The medicines listed here are solely based on suggestion made by doctor on You Tube whose reference is provided. Homeomart does not provide any medical advise or prescriptions or suggest self medications. This is a part of customer education initiative. We suggest you consult your physician before taking any medicines