Check Pincode Serviceability
Bangalore, Metro cities: 1-3 business days, South India: 4-5 business days, North India: 5-7 business days, North east: 5-12 business days
Outside India: 5-10 business days
About Sanguinaria Canadensis
Sanguinaria Canadensis is a remedy which chiefly affects the mucous membranes, specially of the respiratory tract. It is prepared from a plant Sanguinaria canadensis commonly known as Blood root. It belongs to the papaveraceae family .It has marked vasomotor disturbances, as seen in the circumscribed redness of the cheeks, flushes of heat, of blood to head and chest, distention of temporal veins, burning in palms and soles, has been found very applicable to climacteric disorders. It also acts on burning sensations, like from hot water. In a recent study, it has exhibited significant antimycobacterial activity against Mycobacterium aurum.
It is a right-sided remedy and is indicated in chronic headache and chronic infections of the respiratory tract and climacteric complaints in females.
- Head: Pain especially right sided from exposure to heat of sun with marked periodicity. Dull, sick headache where pain begins in the occiput, spreads upwards and extend over the eyes, especially on the right side with distended veins at the temples. Headache better by lying down and sleep. climacteric headaches which returns every seventh day.
- Face: Hot and flushed face with neuralgic pains extending in all directions from the upper jaw. Redness and burning of cheeks with tenderness behind the angle of jaws.
- Nose: Symptoms of Hay-fever with frequent sneezing and runny nose. Chronic infection of nasal mucosa with profuse, offensive yellowish discharges. Chronic inflammation of nasal mucosa with coryza and nasal polypi. Coryza followed by diarrhea.
- Throat: Congestion of throat with swelling of tonsils worse on right side. Dryness of throat with constricted feeling. Dry mouth and pharynx with ulcers and scalded tongue.
- Respiratory: Swelling and oedema of the larynx with soreness of the trachea. Loss of voice or hoarseness. Cough with burning pain in the chest and of gastric origin which is better by eructation. Thick tough, rust-colored and offensive sputum which is difficult to expel. Cough from tickling sensation behind the sternum worse from cold. Soreness in right chest and under right nipple extending to right shoulder. Fetid breath and purulent expectoration with severe dyspnea.
- Modalities: Worse from sweets, right side, motion and touch. Better from acids, sleep and darkness.
Dosage: Please note that the dosage of single homoeopathic medicines varies from drug to drug depending upon the condition, age, sensitivity and other things. In some cases they are given as regular doses as 3-5 drops 2-3 times a day whereas in other cases they are given only once in a week, month or even in a longer period. We strongly recommend that the medication should be taken as per the physician's advice.
Dr. Vikas Sharma recommends Sanguinaria for
For Cough, Fever, Burning Sensation in Chest:. Persons requiring it have a cough with fever. They usually have a fever around 2 pm or 4 pm. Their cheeks have a bright circumscribed flush during fever. The sputum is expectorated and breath has a bad smell. Burning sensation in the chest is also present. There may occur sharp chest pain and soreness of chest muscles. Breathing difficulty can also be present.
To Manage Right Shoulder Pain: For using this medicine the pain is felt on the top of the right shoulder and difficulty raising arm. The pain may extend to the upper part of the right arm in some cases. It is worse at night time also and on turning in the bed
Right Side headache: It is a significant medicine when pain in the head occurs specifically on the right side. The headache begins from the back of the head and radiates to the front of the head and settles over the right eye.For Hot Flashes with flushed face: for hot flashes accompanied with burning in the face and head. The menses become profuse and dense around the menopausal period