Check Pincode Serviceability
Bangalore, Metro cities: 1-3 business days, South India: 4-5 business days, North India: 5-7 business days, North east: 5-12 business days
Outside India: 5-10 business days
Otitis media is a common inflammatory disorder caused by the abnormal collection (or effusion) of fluids or pathological changes in the tympanic membrane of the middle ear. It can result in bacteremia or lead to hearing loss in all age groups which may be either temporary or permanent
A study published in the Egyptian Journal of Ear, Nose, Throat and Allied Sciences says that otitis media predominantly affects all age groups and has a serious health concern in cases affected with hearing loss and its associated co-morbidities.
Causes: The middle ear infection is secondary to some nose or throat infection. Cold, throat infections usually trap the middle ear in the infectious process. The infection from the throat travels to the middle ear through the eustachian tubes. The Eustachian tubes are the channel that connects the throat to the middle ear.
Dr Vikas Sharma says "The biggest advantage that homeopathic medicines for ear infections promise over conventional cures is that they work through a holistic approach to healing and treat not only the symptoms but also the root cause of the infection."
Middle ear infection treatment Medicines in Homeopathy
Dr. Swapnil Sagar Jain recommends the following homeopathic medicines in acute conditions of otitis media or ear infection. The patient could be suffering pain and pus for 1-2 weeks.
Watch his You tube vieo titled 'EAR infection treatment/ कान से मवाद बंद करने का सबसे अचूक नुस्खा /otitis media treatment' to know more
- Kali Mur 30 - 2 drops directly on the tongue for 15 days twice daily (1-0-1). To be taken on an empty stomach. Dr. Vikas Sharma says this is a very useful medicine for ear infections with ear discharges (usually white color). Kali Muriaticum has a remarkable effect on the ears and is of special service in treating numerous ear-related problems. It is a superior remedy in treating cases of infection of the outer ear canal (otitis externa also known as swimmer’s ear) and middle ear infection (otitis media)
- Silicea 6x - 4 tablets to be chewed twice daily (1-0-1) for 15 days. It is a natural medicine for ear infections with pud discharge, it aids pus absorption. It addresses ear blockage due to discharges. The hardness of hearing may be present along with ringing/roaring noises in ears and itching in the ears. There may be swelling or catarrh of the eustachian tube. Chronic (long-standing) cold or sinusitis in persons may be present who require this medicine.
- Mullein ear drops -Also known as Verbascum Thapsus, its action is well-defined on the ears. It gives excellent results in cases of earache. The pain may be accompanied by a feeling of obstruction in the ears, they feel blocked. Mainly tearing stitching pain is felt in the left side ear mostly while chewing. This works as an anti-infection and antiseptic external drop. Addresses pain, swelling, and itching in the ear. Put 2 drops thrice daily in the infected and regular ear. Do this for 10-12 days says the doctor
Kit Contents: 3 units, 1 unit of 30ml dilution, 1 unit of 25 Gms biochemic tablets, 1 unit of 15 ml ear drops (external)
Dr K S Gopi advised Otitis Media Homeopathy medicines
In his blog post titled ' Homoeopathic remedies for Otitis Media' the doctor advises following medicines for matching symptoms
Calcarea Sulph 30 - Offensive and purulent discharge. The discharge is thick and bloody
Hepar Sulph 30 - Intense shooting pain, may be due to an abscess. Oversensitive to touch, wind, etc. Perforation in the ear
Kali Bichromicum 30 - Ears are swollen with tearing pains. Thick yellow, sticky, stringy, and fetid discharge
Merc Sol 30 - Suppuration of the middle ear. Discharge is profuse, green, thick, acrid, and fetid
Nitric Acid 30 - Discharge is yellowish-white and offensive. Face puffy. Lachrymation from the eyes. Urine smelling like horse’s urine
Pulsatilla Nigricans 30 - Thick, profuse, bland, and fetid discharge
Tellurium Met. 6C - Cattah of the middle ear. The discharge is acrid and smells like a fish pickle. Itching, swelling, and throbbing in the meatus
Capsicum 200 - Chronic suppuration of the ear. Discharge of thick, yellow pus with itching and burning in ears. Painful swelling of the bone behind the ear, worse from touch.Perforated ear drum
Dr. Vikas Sharma recommends (Source: Blog titled '10 Natural Homeopathic Medicines for Ear Infections)
Belladonna 200 - for ear infection with acute pain, sensitivity in the ear is marked. Pain is severe, throbbing, and pulsating in nature. It is the best choice when the ear infection has followed a throat infection. Belladonna is also suggested for ear infections with a high fever. The body is extremely hot to touch
Chamomilla 30 - is effective when ear pain is stitching. Even a slight touch worsens the earache. Pressure in the ears with stoppage sensation also appears. Pain could make the person angry and irritable
Hepar Sulph 30 - is indicated for an ear infection with pus-like discharges and fever. Fever with a marked chill is present
Note: above medicines are available in 2-dram medicated globules. Customers can order the medicines in 30 ml dilutions also by special request (rates may change).
For best results, the medicines should match the indicated symptoms or as advised by your doctor
Single or multiple Individual remedies may be selected in drop-down options.
Related: Other homeopathy medicines for ear problems in adults and children
- Doctor advise Tinnitus (ringing, buzzing in ear) treatment medicines
- Dr advise Hearing Loss, Homeopathy Deafness Medicines
- Ear Drum Hole Treatment without Surgery in Homeopathy
- Bakson's Compound # 28 Otitis Tablets
- Schwabe Aconitum Pentarkan tablets for Cold, Otitis Media (middle ear infection), Headache
- Similia Verbascum (Mullein) oil for ear aches, hard wax deposits, and ear itching
- Dr advise ear wax removal drops, medicines in Homeopathy
Disclaimer: The medicines listed here are solely based on a suggestion made by a doctor on YouTube, Blog whose reference is provided. Homeomart does not provide any medical advice or prescriptions or suggest self-medications. This is a part of the customer education initiative. We suggest you consult your physician before taking any medicines