Check Pincode Serviceability
Bangalore, Metro cities: 1-3 business days, South India: 4-5 business days, North India: 5-7 business days, North east: 5-12 business days
Outside India: 5-10 business days
About Berberis Aquifolium Homeopathy Dilution
Also known as Oregon Grape, Mahonia Aquifolium or Mahonia pinnata
Contains Aporphine, Berbamine, Berberine
Indicated in Acne, Skin scars, dull complexion, liver disease (hepatoprotective) , kidney disease, giardiasis (intestinal infection)
Its antimicrobial and anti inflammatory action helps to curb inflammation and kill acne causing bacteria
Berberis aquifolium is indicated for skin complaints such as pimples, dry eczema, eruptions on scalp, face and neck, acne, pruritus, psoriasis, glandular affections, liver complaints, chronic catarrhal conditions, etc. Depending upon the individualization of case, it is also used for other problems by homoeopathic physicians.
This remedy is indicated for skin complaints and chronic infections with inflammation of mucous membranes. It is useful in liver diseases with weak digestion and it helps to improve absorption of nutrition by stimulating all the glands.
What doctors recommend Berberis Aquifolium for?
Dr Vikas Sharma recommends
- Treatment of pigmented Acne scars. Berberis Aquifolium acts by clearing the skin pores and toning up the skin. It decreases the pigmentation of scars and efficiently cleanses the complexion of the face
- Reliable remedy for treating pigmentation spots and scars on the face left behind by any kind of eruption. The skin may feel waxy. The cheeks may feel hot.
Dr KS Gopi recommends
- Berberis aquifolium 30 is considered as a tonic for skin. Waxy, yellowish white skin, especially on face. A good remedy for blotches and pimples. It will clear scars leave by pimples. Berberis aquifolium makes the skin fair, clear and glowing.
- Berberis aquifolium 30 is the top remedy that clears complexion. It has marked power for clearing off skin pigmentation to reveal clean, glowing skin. Berberis aquifolium is very effective for clears off scars from chloasma and acne. There is yellow brown patches on the face.The skin on the face may be pimply , dry , waxy, rough or scaly. It is effective for blotches and pimples
- Top rank in homeopathy for clearing facial complexion. Berberis Aquifolium can be used in all the cases where the skin is dark or has scars due to acne or any other conditions. This medicine never fails to bring a glow to the skin and lighten the complexion. He considers it as the first choice of medicine in cases where a clear facial complexion is desired.
Dr Kirti V recommends
- Effective for Acne, hyper pigmentation, blackheads, whiteheads
What are side effects of Berberis aquifolium?
No side effects of Berberis aquifolium are known or reported.
What precautions to take before taking Berberis aquifolium?
Is Berberis aquifolium suitable for children?
Though it is majorly used in adults, depending upon the individual case homoeopathic physicians may prescribe this for children if found suitable
How long should I take Berberis aquifolium?
Is it safe to take Berberis aquifolium during Pregnancy?
Yes. However, as with any other drug, it is better to consult a physician before taking any medicine during pregnancy and lactation.
Berberis Aquifolium therapeutic range of actions as per Boericke Materia Medica
A remedy for the skin, chronic catarrhal affections, secondary syphilis. Hepatic torpor, lassitude and other evidences of incomplete metamorphosis; stimulates all glands and improves nutrition.
Head: Headache from liver complaints with sensation of a band just above the ears. Scaly eruptions with itching on the scalp.
Face: It is very helpful in treating pimply eruptions on the face. It helps to clears the blotches and complexion of the face.
Stomach: It is indicated when there is weak digestion with thickly coated yellowish brown tongue. Sensation of blisters and rawness of the tongue with burning in the stomach. Nausea and hunger after eating.
Urine: Painful urination with cramps and stitching pains while passing urine. Passage of thick mucus and bright red sediment in the urine.
Skin: Skin is very dry, rough with pimply and scaly eruptions. Eruptions on scalp extending to face and neck. It is indicated in skin conditions when there is dry, scaly eruption with severe itching.
Female: Induration and hardness of breasts with pain.
Dosage: Please note that the dosage of single homoeopathic medicines varies from drug to drug depending upon the condition, age, sensitivity and other things. In some cases they are given as regular doses as 3-5 drops 2-3 times a day whereas in other cases they are given only once in a week, month or even in a longer period. We strongly recommend that the medication should be taken as per the physician's advice.
Dose-Tincture in rather material doses
Please note that the dosage of single homoeopathic medicines varies from drug to drug depending upon the condition, age, sensitivity and other things. In some cases they are given as regular doses as 3-5 drops 2-3 times a day whereas in other cases they are given only once in a week, month or even in a longer period.Potencies:
Berberis Aquifolium is diluted in various potencies namely 6C, 30C, 200C, 1M, 10M