Summer skin care tips for oily and dry skin with homeopathy
Your skin needs more attention and care during summer season as it could be rendered dull, blemished & oily due to free flow of skin's natural oil. The scorching sun's ultraviolet rays penetrates the deepest layer of skin & damage the spongy protein & develop wrinkles. Some precautions, homeopathic & natural remedies to maintain your skin soft & glowing, are given here:
1) To protect our skin, the first and foremost thing that we must all remember to do is to drink plenty of water or fluids during the summer so that the body remains hydrated and healthy and whenever possible. Fresh fruit juices such as tender coconut water, lime or lemon juice, water melon juice etc keep you well hydrated.
2) Have plenty of colored fruits as they are powerful anti oxidants and fight the free radicals caused due to the sun. They are also rich in vitamin C which prevents pigmentation.
3) Use a mild cleanser to wash your face thrice a day. If you have an oily skin, use a toner for further cleansing. Avoid cleansing milks. You could use coconut milk and coconut scrub to cleanse.
4) Use a Sunscreen with SPF 30 every day. You must re-apply a sunscreen every 3 hours especially after sweating, swimming or toweling off.
5) Wear wide rimmed hats or carry umbrellas for additional sun protection.
6) Minimize sun exposure between 10 a.m. and 4 p.m. when the worst and greatest quantity of Ultra Violet light exists.
7) Wear protective eye wear. Sunglasses with UV-blocking filters are very important. Cineraria eye drops are useful to keep the eyes moist & free of dryness.
8) Apply a good skin moisturizer to cool the skin, yet hydrate it.
9) Wear cotton clothes and preferably full sleeves so your arms are protected from the sun. A prickly heat powder is advised to prevent skin irritation inside clothing during summer
10) Dust some eczema, anti fungal powder such as "Calendula dressing powder" in all the skin folds and on the feet and soles to prevent itching, eczema, fungal infections and smelly feet.
11) Treat your skin at least once in a week with mineral or fruit mask, suitable to your skin. You can use cucumber, papaya, apricot to prepare the mask.
12) For patchy & dry skin exfoliate the skin mildly. Grab a body scrub and hit the shower. Gently rub your exfoliator in circular movements on your entire body and rinse clean. Continue to do this 2-3 times a week. (prepare your own exfoliate/scrub)
13) Every evening splash lot of cold water on your eyes. Soak cotton pads in cold water or rose water & place them on your close eyes for 10-15 minutes. Cineraria eye drops are useful to keep the eyes moist & free of dryness. Keep your feet clean as your eyes & feet needs extra protection
14) Keep your bedroom cool dark & comfortable to have sound sleep &burst the stress. Early to bed & early to rise helps in keeping your skin healthy.
Acne Skin care in summers
Summers are here and it is the most nightmarish time for skin issues specially acne. For people with comedonal acne, risk factor includes seasonal variation, with a higher prevalence mainly in summer. “Heat and humidity intensify oil production, which in acne prone individuals often means more breakouts” say dermatologists. Ugly to look at and painful in general, the outbreak of acne can be extremely de-motivating and affect the confidence of an individual. But acne can be nipped in the bud and we are not suggesting picking it out as doing that will leave a scar. Homeopathy Acne Kit would be the perfect answer to address your pimples instead of bursting them.
- Keep your face clean. Remove your make properly. You can use a salicylic face wash.
- Rinse your face once you get home after spending the day outside.
- Do not scrub. Over washing and scrubbing can cause skin irritation.
- Don't touch your face too often. Or don't lean on any surface. Here the face can get infected with bacteria.
- Eat less of Sugary or high-glycemic foods because they spike insulin levels, which in turn increase sebum production and further clogging of pores.